Boots Simply Sensitive Gently Refreshing Toner (£2.69) and Eye Makeup Remover (£2.79).
I’ve said this a million times but I was holding out for the No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Water to come back in stock after being re-called cause I loved using the miniature one from my Starter Kit, but I couldn’t wait any longer. I also wanted an eye makeup remover because I bought the MaxFactor False Lash Effect 24hr mascara which just wouldn’t budge using my makeup wipes or cleanser. So I went on the hunt, I wasn’t necessarily bothered about getting ones from the same brand but just happened to get these. I was thinking of getting them from the Simple range as surprisingly few high-street brands seem to do toners but these were super cheap under £3 each and as I didn’t really know what I wanted I thought I’d try these out. As suggested by the name, this collection is made for people with sensitive skin, which I fortunately do not have. They boast “No Fragrance. No Colour. Hypoallergenic. Dematologically Tested.” and are both with soothing Aloe Vera, as are all the products in this range. The packaging is pretty simple and clean with the green theme going on. Tbh, the packaging isn’t at all exciting but I don’t mind as they were so cheap.
I’ve been using the Toner after cleansing at night to get rid of the final remnants of makeup and general cack from my skin. I apply the Toner to a flat cotton wool pad and wipe it in circular motions across my face- usually needing 2-3 pads. It’s unbelievable how much angingness the Toner gets off your skin- it just shows that cleansing alone is not enough! I quite like the fact that the Toner is fragrance free as some toners can smell really chemically and harsh which makes me worry about what its doing to my skin. I’m honestly not a fan of eye makeup removers in general which is why I avoid using waterproof or long lasting makeup. I find them really greasy and that they leave a weird texture on the lids for ages after use. This is the first liquid Eye Makeup Remover that I’ve ever used as previously I’ve used cream ones. I dunno about this, it does get the job done but I cannot escape from that greasy feeling. Again, I apply this product to a flat cotton wool pad and gently wipe off my eye makeup with it but my eyes just feel really greasy afterwards. I will add that it is really good at removing even the most stubborn of eye makeup (MaxFactor False Lash 24hr I’m looking at you). I use this before cleansing so the cleanser gets rid of that angin feeling which I guess cancels out the badness but I’m not mad on eye makeup removers in general, so sorry!
You get 200ml of the Toner for £2.69 (although it was on offer when I got it and it was £1.79) and 125ml of the Eye Makeup Remover for £2.79 (again on offer for £1.85) which is excellent value for money. I do seem to be using quite a lot of the Toner, but with both the Toner and Eye Makeup Remover, the product squirts out quite fast so be careful! I think that’s my only criticisms of these products- I wish they had a pump applicator allowing for more control and I wouldn’t mind paying an extra few quid if that were the case. Overall, I’d recommend you give the Simply Sensitive collection a try, especially the Toner which I’m enjoying using.

No comments:
Post a Comment