Thursday, 5 April 2012

Haul.





 Makeup- Max Factor False Lash Effect 24hrs mascara; Look Beauty Loud Lips in Toffee Cup; Collection 2000 Cream Puff in Fairy Cake; MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium; Look Beauty Nail Pop in Ribbon; Topshop Face palette; Superdrug Simply Pure Oil Balancing Serum.







Clothes- Lilac, grey and striped t-shirt dresses (£8 each); white cut out flower detail dress (£6); leopard print skirt (£8) all Primark.

This is a collective haul of some things that I got last week on some shopping trips with chums. I finished uni last week (wahhhh) so I thought I’d have a few days of fun before I got cracking with my exam revision. I’ll start with the makeup. I’d mentioned that my Chanel powder was running dangerously low and so I needed some new powder and fancied trying the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural but wasn’t sure what shade to get. The lady in the MAC shop was very helpful and suggested Light Plus or Medium over my NC15 foundation. The Light Plus looked a little bit pastey to me so I went for the Medium which is perfect. That was the most expensive thing I bought haha. I wanted the Loud Lips in Toffee Cup after loving my Tangerine Cream one but they only had one left in Superdrug when I went shopping the other night so I let my friend get it to try out. I got it at the weekend when I did the weekly shop with my mum and it’s still on offer for £5 (full price £7). It’s the ultimate nude shade.

I got the Max Factor mascara after reading loads of hype about it in the magazines and it was voted Company Magazine reader’s mascara of the year in their beauty awards thingy but I thought £11.99 was steep so I left it. But then I discovered I had £13 worth of points on my Boots Advantage Card so did a sneaky points buy. The brush is massive, which I like, and it’s the most expensive mascara I’ve ever owned (cheapskate) so we’ll see how that one goes. After loving the Nail Pop in Bling I wanted to try another shade. I’m into trying new shades with nail varnishes atm so I got this pinky-coral shade which is lovely. I’d describe it as blush in terms of the shade and it’s deffo more pinky on than orange. In keeping with the coral theme, I got the Cream Puff in Fairy Cake after loving the pink shade. It’s so creamy and matte and unlike another product I’ve used before.

The tale behind this Topshop face palette is... I was queuing up to pay for a Topshop lipstick in Nevada (this is before I got Toffee Cup) which is a nude shade and saw this palette in the tray of “things you never knew you wanted but are so shiny and the queue is taking forever so you have to buy me”. I’d seen a blogger post about it after receiving it as a Topshop Personal Shopper event and thought it was a good idea. In my mind, I’d decided it must be around £15-20 but when I looked at the box it was only £8- the same price as the lippie. I decided to get the palette instead of the lippy which has four eye shadows, two lip glosses and a blusher in it. I saw this serum in Look Magazine last week and I’d always thought serums were ludicrously expensive luxury items. This one was under a fiver so I thought I’d give it a go and see if it helps my oily skin. I’m loving it so far and it’s everything nasty-free so it’s probably suitable for most oily skin types.

Onto the clothes. I bought the lilac t-shirt dress from Primark last week because I’m loving ice-cream shades atm. I wanted the grey and stripy ones two but they only had midi-length ones which make me look like a hobbit house-wife. But I got my hands on the right length ones in the Primark near me so I’m well chuffed. They’re super thing stretchy jersey/cotton t shirt material and are just so comfy and summery. I did a little gasp when I saw this white dress for only £6!!! It’s a complete rip-off (in a good way) of a dress Topshop did last year which probs cost about £1,996839662. I’m getting into white atm, I’ve usually just worn cream but white seems to look good against my pastey skin and dark hair. Finally, this leopard print skirt doesn’t really need an explanation- intended to be worn with band t-shirts and studded belts. I spent far too much last week but got loads of well nice things that I’m already wearing and using- there was well more stuff I could have bought but I’m glad I didn’t because that’s when stuff ends up on ebay in a years time. The end.

4 comments:

  1. The Primark dresses look so similar to the Topshop dresses, what a bargain! I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know- I love them! Why would anyone pay £28 for a Topshop one when these guys exist? Thanks for the comment!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I got the primark stripy dress too! tempted to go buy the grey one from there too
    serendipity - a style blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all! I hope they bring out more colours! Go for it- it's a well nice light grey. Thanks for the comment!x

    ReplyDelete