Tuesday, 24 April 2012

In Your Face: Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser.


Superdrug Vitamin E Skincare Hot Cloth Cleanser.

So we’ve all heard the hype about Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser but I wanted to try something less expensive as I didn’t really know what to expect out of a cream cleanser having only ever used liquid ones. I discovered that Superdrug sold their own brand Hot Cloth Cleanser and for £5.99 I couldn’t not try it out! OK, so with Hot Cloth Cleansers essentially you rub the cream cleanser onto your face and then wet the muslin cloth provided in hot water, squeeze out the excess and then polish of the cleanser in circular motions. I buzz off the smell of this cleanser which to me smells like shea and cocoa butter- it reminds me of the Body Shop cocoa butter. This cleanser says that it’s for normal to dry skin; now I obvs don’t fall into that category but it doesn’t dry my skin out or make it too oily either.

This cleanser comes with one muslin cloth which dries nice and soft when left to drip-dry over the radiator. I actually got a mini Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and cloth with Red magazine recently, and I have to say that I actually prefer the Superdrug one- I think it smells much nicer and feels nicer to use in the sense that the cream is thicker. I’m just rotating the two cloths as they recommend you wash the cloth after every 2-3 uses in the washing machine. I’ve been using the Hot Cloth Cleanser in the evening before bed to take off the remnants of my makeup and using my No7 Foaming Cleanser in the morning as I find that more refreshing and lighter to use than this cream cleanser. The Superdrug cleanser is a really thick, luxurious cream that feels so nice on the skin. I’m loving using this cleanser and it leaves my skin feeling really smooth, soft and clean. I think this Superdrug Hot Cloth Cleanser is amazing value for money also as you get 200ml of the cleanser and one cloth for £5.99. Have you used either of these products, if so what d’you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment