Friday, 27 April 2012

In Your Face: Collection Naturally Matt Foundation.

Collection (2000) Naturally Matt Foundation in Ivory.

I nipped in Superdrug the other day for nothing more than a browse and saw this on the Collection stand. It was £2.99 and I thought I’d give it a go. I bought the lightest shade in Ivory which is of relevance to the review of this product. I like the packaging of this product, it’s simple and quite small so its cute. In actuality, you get near enough the same amount of foundation in this product as you do in the MAC Pro Longwear foundation that I use but it looks so much less in the tube! Perhaps it’s because the Collection foundation is denser and therefore you get less product, I dunno. The consistency of the product is nice and thick in cream form but super light on application, drying nice and matte and kind of powdery. It has really great full coverage and hides everything from blemishes to red areas to dark circles. So you’re thinking “why isn’t she more excited about this product, it sounds great” (maybe). Well my friends, I’ll tell you for why. It’s the colour; if this is ivory then I’ll eat my metaphorical hat! Oh my gosh, never have I used such a dark foundation under a light shade name! Ivory this is not, hyper tanned this is. I don’t wanna say that it’s orange because it isn’t and on more tanned skin tones it will look stunning. But on my pastey skin it does look orangey/browny/fake-tanny. Ughhhh I’m so disappointed! I’ve been blending a bit of my Avon Ideal Flawless foundation in genuine Ivory over the top of this to make it look less like I’ve been tangoed. I’m gutted as well because this product is amazing for the price- it’s longwearing, super matte but not at all drying and gives awesome coverage. And considering they only had about 4-6 shades available in this foundation, you’d think at least one of them would be actually pale. I’m not even that pale to tell you the truth but I sure aint this colour and neither is ivory! Have you seen an elephant’s tusk recently? Off-white that’s the colour of bones, not off-orange! Sorry, rant over. Great product, if you’re tanned or have naturally medium coloured skin tone and looking for a matte full-coverage foundation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment