Kat Von D Painted Love Lipsticks in Stiletto, Backstage Bambi, Adora and Misfit.
This is another sneaky Kat Von D makeup post (see eye shadow palette reviews here). Again, these products aren’t officially available in the UK but you can buy them off ebay (for a lot more than you’d pay in the States) or buy them in Sephora USA stores/online but they don’t ship outside the US. As standard with KVD makeup, the packaging is stunning with Kat’s signature tattoo design roses adorning both the boxes and the lipstick lids. I love the clear base of the tubes so that you can see the colour without needing to look at the label. The lids have that rubbery-textured finish to them (like NARS products). I just love the packaging but it’s not at all a disguise for a rubbish product.
I love a bright lipstick and here are four. The formula is so creamy and the product is so pigmented and lasts for ages. Backstage Bambi and Misfit were the first lipsticks I got from the collection and of all four, Backstage Bambi is hands down my favourite. Its the pinkest pink ever! It’s a blue-toned hot pink which I love wearing on nights out. Misfit is a dark, browny red- I guess you might call it a blood red in comparison with Stiletto which is an orange-toned red. I dunno, there’s just something about Misfit it’s a really winey colour and it’s quite gothic in a way. Adora is a mid-toned red with the most beautiful sparkle in it- think Dorothy’s ruby slippers in the Wizard of Oz. I guess the lipsticks (apart from Adora) are quite matte in the sense that their not metallicy or shimmery but they’re not at all drying or cakey. Adora, on the other hand, is definitely a metallic Christmas-y red; I guess it’s quite foily in its appearance- although Kat has brought out actual foil finish lipsticks. I can’t tell you how pigmented these lipsticks are- they give full lip coverage in just one slick and just look flawless.
I’ve been a bit sneaky because these aren’t the only KVD lipsticks that I own- I have a set of miniature one’s which I thought I’d review some other time (they’re so tiny and cute) but these are my only full-size KVD lippies. Oh how I love them. I’m freaking out a bit because Backstage Bambi is getting really low and I dunno if I’ll be able to get hold of another one! There are a fair few other shades in the collection that I wouldn’t mind getting full-sizes of but I think (apart from the foil ones) I’ve pretty much got them all between my full-sizes and minis set. Deffo check these out if you can, they might seem expensive but trust me they’re up there with the best lipsticks I’ve tried and are in funner, younger shades.
p.s please don’t laugh at my attempt at swatching!
This is another sneaky Kat Von D makeup post (see eye shadow palette reviews here). Again, these products aren’t officially available in the UK but you can buy them off ebay (for a lot more than you’d pay in the States) or buy them in Sephora USA stores/online but they don’t ship outside the US. As standard with KVD makeup, the packaging is stunning with Kat’s signature tattoo design roses adorning both the boxes and the lipstick lids. I love the clear base of the tubes so that you can see the colour without needing to look at the label. The lids have that rubbery-textured finish to them (like NARS products). I just love the packaging but it’s not at all a disguise for a rubbish product.
I love a bright lipstick and here are four. The formula is so creamy and the product is so pigmented and lasts for ages. Backstage Bambi and Misfit were the first lipsticks I got from the collection and of all four, Backstage Bambi is hands down my favourite. Its the pinkest pink ever! It’s a blue-toned hot pink which I love wearing on nights out. Misfit is a dark, browny red- I guess you might call it a blood red in comparison with Stiletto which is an orange-toned red. I dunno, there’s just something about Misfit it’s a really winey colour and it’s quite gothic in a way. Adora is a mid-toned red with the most beautiful sparkle in it- think Dorothy’s ruby slippers in the Wizard of Oz. I guess the lipsticks (apart from Adora) are quite matte in the sense that their not metallicy or shimmery but they’re not at all drying or cakey. Adora, on the other hand, is definitely a metallic Christmas-y red; I guess it’s quite foily in its appearance- although Kat has brought out actual foil finish lipsticks. I can’t tell you how pigmented these lipsticks are- they give full lip coverage in just one slick and just look flawless.
I’ve been a bit sneaky because these aren’t the only KVD lipsticks that I own- I have a set of miniature one’s which I thought I’d review some other time (they’re so tiny and cute) but these are my only full-size KVD lippies. Oh how I love them. I’m freaking out a bit because Backstage Bambi is getting really low and I dunno if I’ll be able to get hold of another one! There are a fair few other shades in the collection that I wouldn’t mind getting full-sizes of but I think (apart from the foil ones) I’ve pretty much got them all between my full-sizes and minis set. Deffo check these out if you can, they might seem expensive but trust me they’re up there with the best lipsticks I’ve tried and are in funner, younger shades.
p.s please don’t laugh at my attempt at swatching!




Lovely post. I like your blog.
ReplyDeleteEmma x
http://beautyandrags.blogspot.co.uk
Thank you x
DeleteYour swatches are fine! They look like great colours. I agree, the packaging is super cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the swatch love haha x
DeleteBeautiful colors!!!
ReplyDeleteTake a look on my blog and if you like art and fashion we can follow each other?
Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥
For sure, I'll check your blog out x
Delete