Wednesday, 18 April 2012
Album of the Week #2.
Bring Me The Horizon- There is a hell, believe me I’ve seen it. There is a heaven, let’s keep it a secret.
I love this album. It’s for sure in my top 5 albums of all time, and I’ll tell you for why. I’ve never heard anything like it before. It’s perfect; there’s not one track on it that I don’t like. It fits together as an album, rather than just a collection of songs. It tells a story, and parts of it are beautiful.
The album opens with my fave song ‘Crucify Me’ ft. Lights. Along with a few other songs on the album, this track features synths- a guilty pleasure of mine in metal. I love the beatdown on this track- it’s intense yet ethereal- with angelic vocals from the guest female singer Lights. The album then throws a curve-ball with track 2 ‘Anthem’ which has furious chugging riffage and harsh vocals from front man Oli Sykes (dream boat). The next track was the first single released off the album ‘It Never Ends’ which also features synth-tastic riffs and melodies. Track 4 features You Me At Six’s vocalist Josh Franceschi, who adds another dimension to the album. The album’s beauty comes from three tracks for me: ‘Don’t Go’, ‘Memorial’ and ‘Blessed With A Curse’ which feature some cracking guitar. All three of those tracks make me want to cry! Oli’s voice is so pained in parts that it’s harrowing. I don’t want to fail to mention the other tracks on the album ‘Home Sweet Hole’, ‘Alligator Blood’, ‘Blacklist’, ‘Visions’ and ‘The Fox and The Wolf’ which are all intense in true BMTH style. I’d have to say that ‘Visions’ is another favourite of mine on this album- I think it’s got a catchy chorus and proper dirty beatdown at the end which you can’t help but headbang to.
You might not wanna know this, but BMTH are probs my fave metal bands of all time. Judge all you like, they’re shit hot. I’ve seen them get bottled throughout a whole set and not miss a beat. I’ve been a fan since day one and still get ripped for it. They’ve come a long way since ‘This is what the edge of your seat was made for’ (EP). Overall, this album is metal-as-f*ck and completely stunning. I think you should set aside your prejudices and check it out, you will not be disappointed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment