MaxFactor False Lash Effect Mascara 24hrs.
I posted about this in my mega-haul and mentioned that I got it with my Boots Advantage Card points. This is the most expensive mascara that I’ve ever bought- I’ve never been one to stick with a mascara for long so I usually just try the latest and greatest high-street low-cost option. Although I really like using my Collection (2000) mascaras (Big Fake and Fat Lash together) I wanted to try the False Lash Effect after Company Magazine readers voted it the best mascara out there. I’ve only ever bought that nail varnish from MaxFactor so don’t really know much about them. I was going to buy the original False Lash Effect (why are there so many versions?!) when the lady pointed out the new 24hr one. I don’t know why I bought it, I’m not arsed about wearing any makeup for 24hrs (I do sleep you know lady) but I buckled under the pressure and the writing is pink and shiny. Sucker.
The packaging is nice and simple just black and pink (fave colours) and chunky. Now I’m not usually a fan of non-bristle brushes but there was a clean False Lash Effect brush on the MaxFactor stand showing the rubber spikey brush which I thought would be OK compared with them angin plastic comby type ones which I hate! The brush is massive, in a similar way to the Collection (2000) Big Fake bristle brush. This mascara is great and makes my lashes look really long and doesn’t clump them together at all. I love dramatic eyes so, if I’m honest, I usually like my lashes to look thicker than this makes them look so I’ve been putting the Fat Lash over them. This mascara does give a nice wide-eyed look and gives a more natural false lash look (oxymoron) than the Big Fake. I’m comparing them because they both claim to do the same thing. I feel so mixed about this mascara tbh. It’s horrendous to try and get off- they really do mean 24hrs! It’s similar to waterproof mascara in that it just won’t budge. I’ve been avoiding using it tbh until I invest in some waterproof eye makeup remover because I hate going to bed with mascara still on my lashes.
I dunno, I guess it’s my own fault for buying the 24hr version but I just feel a little bit let down by this product. And it’s not cheap either costing £11.99 for this version and £10.99 for the others, I’m well glad I spent my points and not my cash on this mascara. It’s not even better than my £4.99 Big Fake and £2.99 Fat Lash Collection (2000) combo that I use. I guess if you’re looking for a natural false lash look then get the standard version (not that I’ve used it but I imagine it’s easier to remove than this version). I dunno, I just feel dead deflated about this product- it’s neither here nor there for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment