Sunday, 8 April 2012

In Your Face: Superdrug Oil Balancing Serum.

Superdrug Simply Pure Oil Balancing Serum.

‘Oil Free; Fragrance Free; Paraben Free; Hypoallergenic; Dermatologically Approved. Simply Pure Oil Balancing Serum is designed to leave combination skin feeling comfortably hydrated and mattified without clogging pores.’

I’d always thought that serums were really expensive, luxury items for more mature women. Tbh, I’ve never really seen any serums made by skincare brands that I use now or have used in the past. After picking up my trusty Look Magazine last week, I read the ‘New Spring Skin Rules’ article and saw this oil balancing serum was only £4.99 from Superdrug. I thought ‘this might be the product I’m missing for flawless skin’; so I bought it on my shopping travels. You get 50ml for £4.99 which I think is really good value for money. The consistency is similar to my No7 Night Cream in the sense that it’s more of a gel-cream consistency than a thick cream. It soaks into the skin really quickly and leaves the skin feeling similar to how a primer leaves your skin. I’ve been wearing it under my No7 Day Cream, as instructed to wear under moisturiser, and then apply my makeup. Wowzers does it work! It controls my oil all day and really does mattify my skin. I’ve got no shinyness by the end of the day and my makeup looks as good as when I put it on in the morning- even on my oiliest of noses!

I think that it’s good that it’s everything bad for your skin- free because I do worry sometimes that I’m just putting loads of angin chemicals on my skin. It’s part of Superdrug’s Simply Pure range which I think is meant to be suitable for most skin types, including sensitive. It’s fragrance free which I don’t really mind- it’s miles better than it smelling chemically! The packaging is plain and simple which is fine by me when it’s only costing a fiver. I just think it’s a mega bargain essential product for any fellow oily-skinned ladies out there. Honestly, I can’t believe how much of a difference it makes. My No7 stuff is really good and has vastly improved my skin but this just takes it to another level and makes my skin look flawless, with or without makeup. It’s definitely opened my eyes to Superdrug’s own brand products- move over Boots!
 
p.s Happy Easter everybody!

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy serums, they are so soft on your skin. This one is a great price too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd definitely recommend you try this one out. Thanks for the comment x

    ReplyDelete