Abigail Williams- Legend.
I’ve not listened to this in years! I just put it on my mp3 when I was travelling to uni today and was surprised at how good it was. Not that I didn’t remember it being good but sometimes when you return to something you’ve not heard for ages, it’s not as good as you remembered it. Well, this isn’t case for this EP.
Although short, this EP displays the wears of a intense band. The vocals pay homage to black metal in a high pitch screaming way paired with some clean vocals in choral parts. The medieval guitars are fast and chuggy, with some nice widdling solos embedded within the fury. I hold my hands up once again for my love of metal synths. This band has a resident keyboard player, blasting out a variety of sounds from droning synths to creepy organ peices which bring to mind images of a count sat in front of ceiling high pipes, hands dancing over the keys. The final track ‘Procession of the Aeons’ is quite black metal in my opinion (although purists will no doubt dispute that). The drums on this EP are ferocious! They’re so fast in some parts my mind can’t even comprehend! I would deffo say that this EP has epic sounds, from start to finish.
My favourite song on the EP is probably ‘Conqueror Wyrm’ because I love the half-time rolling riffs overlaying heavenly synths that make this song something else. I honestly wish this was a full length album, but it does make a really good EP. I bought their following full-length release which I could never seem to get into for some reason but I’ll give it another go after returning to this EP. The band have lost and gained some members in recent years but are due to release a new effort this year so I’ll be keeping my peepers peeled for that.
Overall, a cracking, head-banging, synth-tastic EP from Abigail Williams. If you like wild drumming, a bit of black metal and orchestral undertones then check this one out.
I’ve not listened to this in years! I just put it on my mp3 when I was travelling to uni today and was surprised at how good it was. Not that I didn’t remember it being good but sometimes when you return to something you’ve not heard for ages, it’s not as good as you remembered it. Well, this isn’t case for this EP.
Although short, this EP displays the wears of a intense band. The vocals pay homage to black metal in a high pitch screaming way paired with some clean vocals in choral parts. The medieval guitars are fast and chuggy, with some nice widdling solos embedded within the fury. I hold my hands up once again for my love of metal synths. This band has a resident keyboard player, blasting out a variety of sounds from droning synths to creepy organ peices which bring to mind images of a count sat in front of ceiling high pipes, hands dancing over the keys. The final track ‘Procession of the Aeons’ is quite black metal in my opinion (although purists will no doubt dispute that). The drums on this EP are ferocious! They’re so fast in some parts my mind can’t even comprehend! I would deffo say that this EP has epic sounds, from start to finish.
My favourite song on the EP is probably ‘Conqueror Wyrm’ because I love the half-time rolling riffs overlaying heavenly synths that make this song something else. I honestly wish this was a full length album, but it does make a really good EP. I bought their following full-length release which I could never seem to get into for some reason but I’ll give it another go after returning to this EP. The band have lost and gained some members in recent years but are due to release a new effort this year so I’ll be keeping my peepers peeled for that.
Overall, a cracking, head-banging, synth-tastic EP from Abigail Williams. If you like wild drumming, a bit of black metal and orchestral undertones then check this one out.
No comments:
Post a Comment