MAC Glaze Lipstick in Hue (plus Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick mini in Celebutard).
I made a sneaky MAC purchase the other night when I went shopping with my friend. She’d just got paid so had a mini-MAC splurge and I had to join in. I’ve been wanting a nude every-day lipstick for a while now but wasn’t sure what colour would suit me. I’ve got a lovely Urban Decay lipstick that’s really similar to the colour of my natural lips, like a nude-rose, but I wanted a more beige-nude. I’ve also got my Look Beauty Loud Lips in Toffee Cup which I love and is a lovely matte lippy, but as the name suggests, is a more toffee-brown nude. I was after something lighter. Then I remembered the Kat Von D mini-lipstick set that I have and I love Celebutard out of that set so much. Because I cba with the hassle of sneaky American imports via ebay for massive price tags, I thought it’d be cheaper and easier to get a MAC one. I swatched it and with some help from the MAC lady, I found Hue, which matches the shade perfectly (see photo)!
Hue is a peachy-nude with a slight pink undertone to it, making it a bit warmer than your traditional chalky-beige lippy. What I love about the KVD lipsticks, is that they’re super matte yet super creamy and not at all drying. I’m not that familiar with the various finished of MAC lipsticks, having only ever owned Viva Glam Nicki which has a Satin finish and Budding Love which is from the Lustre collection. Essentially, Glaze finish is what it says, a high-shine glossy finish; I wasn’t intending to get a Glaze finish lipstick but it does look really nice and expensive on the lips. Although I love matte lippies, I sometimes think the can look a bit cheap if they’re really drying. As with all MAC lipsticks, Hue smells beautiful and is in the traditional black tube and black box packaging. I dunno if it’s just me but I keep all my MAC lippies in their boxes unless they’re in my handbag- it just feels wrong not to! In my experience of MAC lipsticks, they’re super smooth and creamy, lasting all day- and Hue is no exception. This is definitely the every-day nude I was looking for and even though it was £13.50, I’ll for sure be getting my monies worth out of this one! Colour-wise, its the perfect KVD Celebutard dupe although the finish is different. My 3 MAC lipsticks in 2 months collection suggests that an addiction prevented by finances has begun!
I made a sneaky MAC purchase the other night when I went shopping with my friend. She’d just got paid so had a mini-MAC splurge and I had to join in. I’ve been wanting a nude every-day lipstick for a while now but wasn’t sure what colour would suit me. I’ve got a lovely Urban Decay lipstick that’s really similar to the colour of my natural lips, like a nude-rose, but I wanted a more beige-nude. I’ve also got my Look Beauty Loud Lips in Toffee Cup which I love and is a lovely matte lippy, but as the name suggests, is a more toffee-brown nude. I was after something lighter. Then I remembered the Kat Von D mini-lipstick set that I have and I love Celebutard out of that set so much. Because I cba with the hassle of sneaky American imports via ebay for massive price tags, I thought it’d be cheaper and easier to get a MAC one. I swatched it and with some help from the MAC lady, I found Hue, which matches the shade perfectly (see photo)!
Hue is a peachy-nude with a slight pink undertone to it, making it a bit warmer than your traditional chalky-beige lippy. What I love about the KVD lipsticks, is that they’re super matte yet super creamy and not at all drying. I’m not that familiar with the various finished of MAC lipsticks, having only ever owned Viva Glam Nicki which has a Satin finish and Budding Love which is from the Lustre collection. Essentially, Glaze finish is what it says, a high-shine glossy finish; I wasn’t intending to get a Glaze finish lipstick but it does look really nice and expensive on the lips. Although I love matte lippies, I sometimes think the can look a bit cheap if they’re really drying. As with all MAC lipsticks, Hue smells beautiful and is in the traditional black tube and black box packaging. I dunno if it’s just me but I keep all my MAC lippies in their boxes unless they’re in my handbag- it just feels wrong not to! In my experience of MAC lipsticks, they’re super smooth and creamy, lasting all day- and Hue is no exception. This is definitely the every-day nude I was looking for and even though it was £13.50, I’ll for sure be getting my monies worth out of this one! Colour-wise, its the perfect KVD Celebutard dupe although the finish is different. My 3 MAC lipsticks in 2 months collection suggests that an addiction prevented by finances has begun!


loving the colours
ReplyDeleteIt's real nice for sure! x
DeleteOhh I do love a cheeky post-pay day MAC splurge. Love this colour - nice and neutral!
ReplyDeletevictoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com
It sure is, and the glaze finish gives it something a bit different.
DeleteThanks for the comment x
This is my favourite lipstick ever I think, such a gorgeous colour and lasts so well xxx
ReplyDeleteIt's fast becoming my favourite lipstick too! I've worn it everyday since I bought it. I agree with the staying power of this lipstick and MAC ones in general. Thanks for the comment xx
Delete