Monday, 23 April 2012

In Your Face: Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24hr.



Maybelline Eye Studio Colour Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in 35 On and On Bronze and 40 Permanent Taupe.

After reading much interweb hype about the release of these products in America, I was interested to find them on the Maybelline stands in Boots and Superdrug. Well, when I say find them, I mean find the testers and the stand where the products should have been but were sold out. Eventually, I found Permanent Taupe in stock in Boots, which was the shade I wanted to try the most. I got it free on my 3 for 2 dealings with the Revlon Lip Butter (boo) and my first L’oreal Rouge Caresse (yay!). After loving using the Permanent Taupe I decided to get On and On Bronze, also in the 3 for 2 but this time not for free. Firstly, I love the packaging- I like little tubs and things, they just look so cute compared to big tubes and bottles. I like that the base is clear glass so you can see the colour of the product inside.

The product does have a well similar consistency to the Maybelline Gel Eyeliner that I use but dries more creamy than the liner does. The Colour Tattoos are super pigmented and last all day. Permanent Taupe is a really nice matte brown which I’ve been loving wearing alone, with the bronze and with regular eye shadows. On and On Bronze is a super metallic bronze which again looks great alone, with the brown and with regular eye shadows. I’m not really a bronzey/goldy person so I like to use this more as part of a brown smoky eye look rather than on its own because I’m mard and it is super metallicy. Honestly, I’m never awake for a consistent 24hrs but I can confirm that these products last all day and all night. Unlike my previous experiences of cream eye shadows, these do not crease, clump or smudge. They stay put real good. I’ve been applying them with a standard eye shadow brush but it works just as well using your finger (cause sometimes I’m late and lazy). I’d also like to note that a little goes such a long way with these so for £4.99 I think they’re awesome value for money. They feel really light to wear and not at all cakey which I was surprised about, in a good way. I’d deffo recommend you try out these Colour Tattoo Gel-Cream Eye Shadows. I’m tempted to get the charcoal/black colour and then I’ll be done cause all the others are crazy bright blues, purples and turquoises and they just fricken me. Have any of y’all tried these? What d’you think?

2 comments: