Tuesday, 23 April 2013

MaxFactor CC Cream.




MaxFactor CC Cream in 40 Fair (£9.99, currently £7.99 in Superdrug). 

I sort of let the CC Cream revolution pass me by as I thought it was just another fad. I've also swatched the L'oreal CC Creams and I'm not a fan so I've sort of avoided them from that point. But then last week, I saw this MaxFactor CC Cream- now MaxFactor is a brand that I usually avoid because almost everything I've bought from them I've hated! However, I noticed that this CC Cream wasn't green or lilac and it actually looked like a BB/foundation type product. When I swatched the lightest colour, it looked perfect and the texture felt lovely so I thought I'd give it a go. Just a heads up though, this isn't available in Boots stores yet- as far as I can see.

So the main claim of CC Creams is that they do everything a BB Cream can do with the added bonus of colour correction- i.e combating redness, yellow skin and dark circles. As you can see from my swatch, 40 Fair is super pale without a hint of orange- hallelujah! This CC Cream has a wonderful light texture- it's not as running of moisturiser-like as the BB Creams I've tried have. It glides onto the skin and sets giving a flawless finish. It does cover redness and blemishes, better than a BB Cream but not as well as a foundation. It gives that natural 'my skin but better' finish which lasts well throughout the day. When I wore it without a primer, I found that my oily zones started to shine through later in the day but when I teamed it with the 17 Miracle Matte primer, the oil was kept at bay. Overall, I'm really enjoying using this CC Cream and would definitely agree that it's a step up from a BB Cream without the heaviness or coverage of a foundation. 

In a nutshell: This CC Cream definitely gives a 'my skin but better' finish and covers any redness or blemishes without being thick or heavy. 

2 comments:

  1. I swatched this in Boots the other day and it seemed really nice! May give it a try :)
    Great review xx
    http://xtouchofbeautyx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd really recommend this- it's super light on the skin, perfect for the summer xx

      Delete