Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Album of the Week #11.





Heart In Hand- Only Memories.

I bought this album when it came out after seeing it reviewed. But why have I only just listened to it now?!? I’m instantly buzzing off this album. The band have areally refined melodic hardxcore sound and remind me of The Devil Wears Prada (Dead Throne era) minus the synths. The vocalist has a well similiar voice to Mike Hranica of TDWP, in a good way. This band are really good at writing mellow melodic intros to songs which perfectly build up into intense guitars and harsh screams. To me, this shows musicianship and a talent for song writing over churning out standard formulaic rubbish. The album flows wonderfully between upbeat fast guitars and intense chugging beatdowns. There’s the occasional guitar twiddle that I enjoy. My only wish is that the drums were a bit louder in the mix but that’s just personal preference. My two fave tracks are ‘Only Memories’ and ‘Indelible Mistakes’ but the album fits so well as a whole it is difficult to single out individual tracks.

This album is just stunning. Its beautiful, with a certain romance to it. I love the guitars on this album, they’re so melodic and emotive. I’d love to see this band live so I’m gonna keep my out for any up coming tours. I’ve litterally not listened to anything else since I decided to put it on on my way to uni the other day. I actually listened to it three times in a row yesterday, much to my dad’s displeasure as he hates screaming vocals, but likes black metal?! I don’t know either.

Overall, I’d say this album is melodic hardxcore (to pigeon hole) with a TDWP feel to it, but still making a sound of their own. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment