Please note these are all posts from previous weeks before I set up my Blogger blog so to speak, when I started out on my Tumblr. I thought I'd post them all on here so you can see them.
Born of Osiris- The Discovery.
This album is insane. And I mean wild and crazy! It combines chugging riffs and spidery guitars with bizarre space synths reminiscent of early Muse albums. There’s a couple of riffs, especially in the first few tracks on the album, that remind me of Pantera- but these are merely fleeting moments before angular beatdowns jump out of the speakers. The opening track, Follow the Signs, is a perfect example of the disjointed time changes and astral sounds present throughout this album. I must say that I’ve been super lazy and not got round to buying any more of their albums (yes I actually pay for music in CD format) but I will do for sure in the new year. There’s some really smart guitar on this album- which brings to mind images of Yngwie Malmsteen playing guitar wearing corpse paint. There are some weird sections of this album which remind me of scary children’s musical toys from some sort of horror movie (you’ll understand when you hear it!) which freak me out a little bit, but don’t let that put you off! If you’re into micro-genre-ising everything then I’d say that Born of Osiris are ‘symphonic deathcore’ (well, that’s what my boyfriend said when I described them haha). I imagine this is what Muse would sound like if they were metal and had unpleasant childhoods. I’ve really enjoyed listening to this album but, for me, it’s not an album I could listen to at any time, I’d deffo have to be in the mood for some intensity in ten cities.

No comments:
Post a Comment