Tuesday, 3 April 2012
In Your Face: Avon Gel Eyeliner Pencil.
Avon Mega Impact Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Black Flash.
Well well well, what do we have here then? It’s my new fave eyeliner of course! Wowzers, where do I begin? This eyeliner costs £6 full price but is usually on offer and I think I got it for £3, cause I know how to play the Avon game. It comes in a box but I threw that away ages ago!! The pencil itself is just black normal packaging but the lid is really sturdy and doesn’t feel like it’ll break easily like some others I’ve used. As suggested in the title, the pencil is a gel eyeliner rather than a kohl which I usually use. What does this mean I hear you cry? It means the products is so much softer, smoother and denser. It is so black its unreal- one line on the water line (without going over it) and it’s super black with no gaps and honestly lasts all day.
It’s really easy to use on the top lash line as well, although I usually use my Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner I thought I’d give it a go for the purpose of this review. It’s easy to draw a thick or think line with precision and again, goes on really smoothly. I’m rubbish at doing flicks with pencil eyeliners because they’re usually too chunky for me to draw a point with. This eyeliner is so pigmented I can’t believe it and I’m so happy that it lasts so long! Gone are the days of reapplying my eyeliner every few hours, especially in the corner of my eye! I think Avon have rebranded this eyeliner as ‘Super Shock Gel Eyeliner Pencil’ but it seems to be the same product. It’s available in black, silver, golden fawn and blackberry; the latter two being from the SS12 core collection. Honestly, go try this for yourself. It’s the best eyeliner pencil I’ve ever tried EVER and I consider myself to be somewhat of an all-round high street brand eyeliner expert (haha). It’s not scratchy, it doesn’t fade or stain the eyes and its super super black. I’ve never really been one for ‘natural/barely-there’ makeup but if you are, don’t get this in black whatever you do cause it’s super bold. Maybe try the golden fawn, it looks like a really nice caramelly, bronzey brown.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment