Saturday, 1 March 2014

My New Handbag (contains explicit images of a beautiful handbag).






Marks and Spencer Best of British NAME Handbag (£299).

I feel like this post should come with a 'Parental Advisory' warning because this is like handbag porn. I also feel like I need an inhaler every time I think of how much it cost for fear of fainting. I just want to state that I am not the kind of person to spend a lot of money on an item for myself, I tend to go for quantity rather than quality in the style stakes. I'm not going to sit here and justify spending £300 on a handbag because I honestly can't. So let's instead bask in the glorious light oft his beautiful bag.

I'm definitely a shoes and handbag girl which people who know me irl know to be true. I like a real statement bag or shoe but I tend to lean towards the bags because I don't wear heels that often. I also tend to go for black bags as they go with everything and are really classic but when I saw this baby blue leather piece I couldn't help myself. I saw it in M&S as part of their SS14 Best of British collection (see my post on the collection) and spent a lonngggggggg time deliberating over whether to get it. As with the rest of this collection, the bag was designed and manufactured in Britain. It's a classic satchel style handbag with two buckle strap fastenings on the front. It has a top handle but also comes with a long strap that you can attach and use as a should bag. Inside there is a zip pocket and two mobile phone sized pockets. It also has a pocket on the bag of the bag with an invisible magnetic close, perfect for train tickets etc.

I love how well made this bag is- the edges are finished beautifully and sealed to make it look super neat. All the interior pockets are trimmed with the baby blue leather which is super soft and luxurious. Now, I will state that normally I HATE gold hard wear on a bag, I think it can look cheap and tacky and I'm totally a silver/gunmetal girl. However, the gold metalwork on this bag is super polished and is a non-garish yellow which does look silvery in certain lights. I like the size of this bag, it's fairly small but it has a wide base so you can fit loads in it!

I'm super happy with this bag and I hope it's with me for many years to come. I can't believe I've written so much about one handbag! Thanks for stopping by x

1 comment: