Soap & Glory Lid Stuff Eyeshadow Quad in What’s Nude
(£10).
I’ve seen a few reviews of this product around and about and
there seems to be mixed feelings about it. I’m becoming a bit palette obsessed
atm but wanted something a bit more compact to tae on my holiday than my e.l.f
Everyday Eyes palette. After loving my S&G Thick & Fast mascara I
thought I’d try this- I went for the nude option for everyday wear. First of
all, as with all S&G products, I love the packaging; I like the clear lid
so you can see what shades are inside. I like the note on the back reading ‘we chose not to include a cheap spongy
shadow brush, because not only would it drive the price of this palette up, we
thought you’d rather opt for a proper one’ and man is that true! Does
anyone even use them spongy brush things?
Anyway, I really like the colour range in this palette and
buzz off the 3:1 ratio of matte to shimmer shades; I think some shimmer shadows
can look too much in the daytime. I’ve been using shade Pink T (top right) as a
base colour as it doesn’t really show up on my skin perhaps because it’s too
near to my actual skin tone. I then use shimmer shade Aubersheen (bottom right)
over my eyelid, defining the crease with Mudhoney (bottom left)- I think that
these two shades are the best in the palette as they are the most pigmented and
buildable. Finally, shade Vanilla (top left) I guess is meant to be a
highlighter but I personally like my highlighter shade to have some shimmer in
it to make it stand out a bit more. I hate to say this but I find the top two
shades to be a bit chalky and ‘blah’- I could take or leave them. In spite of
this, I do actually like this palette- I think it’s perfect for an everyday eye
as it isn’t shimmery, glittery or too harsh on the eye whilst still
highlighting your eyes. I think I’m going to be using this a lot, both alone
and with other shades and palettes, and I love how compact it is! Do I think
it’s worth £10?- No not really, maybe £7 and I know that sounds like I’m
splitting hairs but I think when you hit the £10 mark you start to expect big
things. Have you used this palette? Any S&G makeup recommendations?
Heard so much about this, I really want to try it out! x
ReplyDeleteYou should try it for yourself but I just wasn't wowed by it myself :/ x
DeleteDefinitely a cute palette but I agree, I don't think it's worth £10 x
ReplyDeleteFor sure, I think it is a little overpriced for the varrying quality of the shadows. x
Delete