e.l.f Beauty Book Everyday Eyes (£6).
I've heard about e.l.f through the grape vine but neither myself nor my chums have ever used their products. I don't know why but I was always afraid that the bargain prices meant poor quality- even though I love brands like Vivo, MUA and Collection (go figure). I also prefer to see makeup in real life for colours, textures etc and find it hard to trust swatches on websites. I went on e.l.f after reading some of Aisling's posts and my oh my did I want to buy it all! I managed to restrain myself and only purchase this Beauty Book to test the waters. There are around eight Beauty Books available atm with various 'themes' of eyeshadows all for £6 each and come with 12 eyeshadows, an eyeliner pencil, a double end sponge applicator and a mirror. I went for the Everyday Eyes option as I wanted something I could wear- you guessed it- everyday, but also something a bit different to just nude shades (I have the MUA Heaven and Earth Palette for that). Each book also has instructions or a guide of how to create the perfect look with the product. I really like the packaging of this product- it's really compact for the amount of product you get and it has a magnetic close so none of the shadows are open to the elements. I particularly like the cellophane sheath that lies between the cover and the shadows- I think it further protects the product and minimises dusting escape! I don't mind the glitter cover by sight, regardless of it's festive feel, but it can shed a little bit which is slightly annoying. I think the mirror is a great travel addition and I like the guide on the inside of the cover, making it easy for anyone to enjoy!
Onto the product itself, I can't really say that the eyeliner is that amazing or will get used but it's a nice touch to complete the look (I'll stick with my Avon Mega Impact Pencil and Maybelline Gel Eyeliner). There are 8 shimmer and 4 matte eyeshadows which I think is a really good ratio. The shadows are quite pigmented, especially the darker shades, and last just as long as any other shadows I've used. I find that you can use as much or as little product as you want depending on the look you're going for- but buildable eyeshadows are a must for me. I've already used all the shadows bar one- the peachy/orange shade, which I doubt I'll ever use tbh. However, I've been loving using the purple shades for a nice change and they go so well with my Chanel Illusion D'Ombre as a defining shadow. I love how wearable and versatile these shadows are- they truly are 'everyday'! In contrast to my nude/neutral shade palettes, this palette is more on the minky and greige side rather than golden/bronzed shades. All the shades work together and I'm enjoying using this product so much- it's my go-to palette atm! My e.l.f wishlist is now as long as my arm so I think I'll get a sneaky order in when I get back from my holiday. Have you used any e.l.f products? Any recommendations?
Elf is def hit or miss but I personally love their studio Powder brush, warm bronzer and matte lip colors:)
ReplyDeleteThanks- I'll have a look at those! x
Delete