No7 Beautiful Skin for Oily/Normal Skin (from Boots): Day
Cream; Night Cream; Cleansing Water; Purifying Exfoliator; Foaming Cleanser
(from £8-£13.50).
So I’ve been loving and using the No7 Beautiful Skin
skincare range pretty much since its launch earlier this year. Now, I’m not
gonna lie, prior to purchasing these products my skin care regime consisted of
moisturising before applying makeup and then using makeup wipes in the evening-
I know, its bad especially as I have quite oily and spot prone skin. When I started
looking at blogs and vlogs I began to realise the importance of skincare
routines and that there was hope for my skin. There are three lines available
within the Beautiful Skin Range: Oily/Normal (that’s me), Normal/Dry and
Normal/Very Dry. When this range launched I went into my local Boots store and
the lady at the No7 counter was really helpful and recommended the Beautiful
Skin Oily/Normal products in the range, specifically the Foaming Cleanser,
Exfoliator and Day Cream. It was on 3 for 2 so I purchased these items, then
went back for the Night Cream a week later. I also bought a Starter Set (no
longer available) for travel purposes which included the Cleansing Water but
the full-size has only just become available near me so I bought that most recently.
The only product in the Oily/Normal range that I don’t have and haven’t tried
is the Purifying Mask- I dunno, I just think £12 is a bit steep for a mask but
I’m sure I’ll try it one day! I love the packaging of all these products- the
green looks really fresh and clean and they’re all really sturdy (I thus far
have broken none of them!).
I use the Foaming Cleanser every morning after I’ve had a
shower to get rid of any anginness that’s accumulated whilst I’ve been asleep.
The Foaming Cleanser is a water-like liquid that is turned into foam by the
pump dispenser- this means that the cleanser lasts ages. The foam obviously
feels really light when you apply it onto damp skin, it smells a little bit
chemically but nothing over-baring or unpleasant. I find that this leaves my
skin feeling really matte, smooth and clean but not at all tight; I sometimes
think that products made for oily skin can be too drying and tip the other way
but this whole range leaves your skin feeling nice and matte. I use the Purifying
Exfoliator twice a week after cleansing in the evening to get rid of any build
up in my pores. I have to say that this is my favourite product in the range
and the best facial exfoliator that I’ve ever used. It is made up of different
sized particles so gets rid of all the dirt from the skin and you can really
feel it working without it being too abrasive. I tend to exfoliate my whole
face, wash it off and then re-exfoliate my problem areas being my nose and chin
where my pores are most noticeable. Again, this product leaves my skin feeling
soft, smooth and dirt-free.
The Cleansing Water is not really a cleanser, as the name
suggests, but a toner water. I like to use this after cleansing in the evening
to get rid of the last remnants of my makeup or any dirt and to close up my
pores by applying it to oval cotton wool pads and smoothing it over my face.
The toner doesn’t really have a smell which I prefer to it smelling chemically
any day! This doesn’t sting or feel like it’s taking a layer of skin off like
some harsh toners do- it’s gentle and refreshing. Finally, onto the two
moisturisers; the Day Cream is a thick, luxurious cream with SPF15 that looks
like it could be heavy and greasy but is actually really light and skins into
the skin so quick. Of the range, this is probably my least favourite item, not
because I don’t like it (I love it!) or that it’s no good but because I don’t
really get to enjoy it as much as the other products simply because I put my
makeup on straight after applying it. Man I love the night cream so much! It’s
more of a gel consistency than a cream and, like the Day Cream, vanishes so
fast into the skin. The Day Cream leaves my skin feeling really moisturised
whereas the Night Cream leaves my skin feeling matte and keeps that ‘just
cleansed’ feeling. If you want to try this range then I’d for sure recommend
chatting to a member of staff at a No7 counter- they’re so helpful! Have you
used any of the Beautiful Skin products?
Great post! I have been obsessed with skincare lately! x
ReplyDeleteThanks- I couldn't recommend this range more!x
DeleteThe exfoliator sounds nice x
ReplyDeleteIt really is amazing!x
Delete