Marks and Spencer Limited Collection Makeup: Foundation in Ivory; Nail Varnish in Pink Plastic and Blusher in Melba (from £3.50-£6).
I went on my usual Sunday look-round-the-shops with my Gran a few weeks ago and look what I spied in M&S! They've launched a new Limited Collection (my fave clothes collection in there) makeup range full of on-trend colours and affordable products. Prices start from £3 and everything is under £10 including palettes and sets that they have- there's a 25% off introductory offer on atm so get down there quick! The packaging is simple yet really nice, I like it when you can see the product inside especially with blushers. I went for these three products just to dip my toes in the water, so here's what I think.
I wasn't at all after a foundation but when I swatched it on my hand (to see the consistency, not the shade) I found that it was nice and matte. It's a fairly runny liquid, unlike some thicker foundations, yet still gives medium to full coverage. I've found it to apply really smooth and last throughout the day, although less so on my oily areas (nose and chin) than other foundations I've used. I found it difficult to build up this product for extra coverage in certain areas as it just sort of slid about over the original coverage. Having said that though, I think for £6 it's a good foundation. The foundation comes in 6 different shades but I must say that they're definitely more on the lighter-medium end of the scale- I think the darkest shade they do is called Honey.
I really need to stop buying nail varnishes! I've got to say, this was the product that I was least impressed with in the range that I've so far tried. I found it to be really thin upon application of both one and two coats (how many I'd normally use). It looked OK after three coats but I find that a bit annoying and, in a way, wasteful. Maybe it's just this colour but it kind of put me off buying any more nail varnishes from the range- in my opinion, the nail varnish from Primark is better and that's no Nails Inc.!
Onto the blusher, this is my favourite product that I've tried in the range. Firstly, look at that colour! Melba is a super bright coral pink with glitter in it. A little goes a real long way with this blush so don't start too heavy handed! This blusher is perfect for building up from something subtle in the day to something more wild in the evening. I lovelove glitter in blushers, it just makes me feel all sparkly and girly. The powder is really smooth and fine and isn't at all cakey and this too lasts all day. I've since bought another blusher in Dusky Rose which is super pretty. There's 5 blusher shades in all and for £4 there's no risk in giving them a try! Have you tried any of the Marks and Spencer Limited Collection makeup?
I just thought I'd mention that available in the collection are: Tinted Moisturiser; Nail varnish; Mascara; Mono Powder Blushers; Gift Sets; Pencil Eyeliner; Bronzer; Lipgloss; Pressed Powder; Lipstick; Mono Eyeshadow; Brow and Lash Gel; Loose Powder; Liquid Eyeliner; Eyeshadow Trio; Concealer Pencil; Foundation; Eyeshadow Palette and a Face Palette. Go take a look at the collection here for 25% off.
I can't wait to go have a look at this! M&S are usually good at whatever they do and the price is great! Glad I saw this!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my blog please? I'm new. http://fallingfeatherss.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx
I agree! I will do xx
Delete