Wednesday, 20 June 2012

In Your Face: Real Techniques Core Collection.



Real Techniques Core Collection (£21.99 from Boots).

OK, I'm gonna keep this short cause the world and his wife own and have reviewed these brushes. I've been wanting to get my hands on them for agesssss but not really had the money/been able to justify buying new makeup brushes. So I saved up my Boots Advantage Card points like a good little Munchkin and finally got my hands on them. I didn't wanna open them and get them dirty at first! So you get four brushes in the set and a case that doubles up as a stand. The Buffing Brush (my favourite brush) is meant to be for buffing powders and mineral makeup but everyone (including myself) seems to be using it for applying liquid foundation. Let me tell you, it makes any foundation apply like a dream- it leaves it streak free and smooth. The Contouring Brush is different for my cause I've always used an angled brush for applying blusher and highlighter but this is a really nice shape for following the line of your cheeks and smoothing the colour in. I've been using the foundation brush to apply and smooth concealer with as it's the perfect shape for getting under your eyes. Finally, the Detailing Brush is good for building up coverage on blemishes and redness- I will say that this is the brush I'll probs use the least but that's only because it's quite a specific tool. The brushes are unbelievably soft and tbh, I'd pay £22 for just the buffing and contour brushes! Check them out.  

4 comments:

  1. Love real techniques brushes!! I also really want to try the brushes from Louella! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are my first but for sure won't be my last! x

      Delete
  2. aw thank you for the post
    they look great quality, great informative post

    hope you check out mine

    http://lipglossandcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    Gem xxx

    ReplyDelete