L'oreal Glam Shine Miss Candy in Bubble Pink and Tart Lollipop (£7.69).
I'm not gonna lie, I was quite happy to let this L'oreal release pass by me. The print ad made it look like some tacky, super wet-look lipgloss circa 1970's discos; and tbh, I'm not that mad on lipglosses in the first place. So what made me change my mind? One of my fave bloggers The Sunday Girl did this post on the pink shades in the range (see here her review of the other shades) and the swatches made me wanna try these two shades real bad! I just thought I'd note that it's 'buy one get one half price' on L'oreal makeup in Boots atm so I got one of these lipglosses and then a L'oreal eyeshadow for half price. Then when I went in Tescos there was £2 off all Glam Shines so that's how I ended up with the two shades. The packaging is really nice with the rose gold lid and the unusually shaped bottle and I love the twist of colours which combine to form the shade of the lipgloss. The applicator is like a heart shaped sponge which is really nice and soft and gives a good, even coverage of product.
The products don't really have much scent to them which I don't mind, they do smell ever so slightly fruity to me. Bubble Pink is a really nice subtle coral pink and Tart Lollipop is more of a mid-toned pink. The colour pay-off isn't that great with these products but I really like the subtle colour they give to the lips. Tart Lollipop also has some super fine glitter in it which I love. The best thing about this product is the texture of the gloss- it feels really hydrating and is super smooth and not at all thick or sticky. I'd say it has fairly standard staying power for a lipgloss but tbh, I love reapplying lipglosses anyway. They do give a nice shine to the lips but nothing nearly as ridiculous as the print add suggests. Overall, I do like these lipglosses however, I do think they're a bit overpriced for what they are. Have you tried these products, what d'you think?
Elf is great!
ReplyDeleteNice blog!
Following you!
Hope you check my new post
http://lipglossandcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk/
Gem x
Thanks, will do!!x
Delete