Top- Topshop
Cardigan- H&M
Leggings- Primark
Ring- Matalan
Nails- Grey Primark mini nail varnish (from set) and Models
Own Hedkandi in Ibiza Mix.
Man, it pains me to say this but this Metallica top/dress is
from Topshop. Band t shirts being sold in high street stores is super annoying
to me cause it results in ‘Topshop girls’ wandering round in AC/DC, Hendrix or
Led Zeppelin t shirts without them actually liking the band because they wanna
go for that ‘rock look’. I’m cringing even as I type this! I wouldn’t even feel
right wearing any of the aforementioned band t shirts even though I own some of
their albums and know a fair bit about them all- you wear a band t shirt to
show your love for the band people. OK, so I know I sound like a massive arse
right now but its a real bee in my bonnet. So when I saw this Metallica top in
Topshop I initially felt a little bit sick and avoided it at all costs. My mum
picked it up and was like “you like Metallica Roisin, why don’t you try this
on?”; I tried to explain my predicament and she said “but you like them so why
does it matter?”. Words of wisdom right there. I tried it on, loved it and
bought it. I love my ‘self-customised’ Ride the Lightning top but I buzz off
the fact that I can wear this as a dress. Tbh, bands should just cotton on that
girls like wearing band tops as dresses and start making these themselves. Rant over.
Hey, I just found your blog, and I must say its awesome!! love your style, that outfit is so cool! Nice ring!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! x
DeleteThat ring is awesome! :D I'm with you on the band T-shirt front, I'm a massive fan of rock and heavy metal (I even work as a Metal Show radio presenter!) and it pains me to see people wandering around with bands I love all over their clothes purely as a fashion statement! xx
ReplyDeleteThat's quality. I'm glad someone agrees with me :] Now I don't sound like a ranting maniac haha xx
Delete