CHANEL Illusion D'Ombre in 83 Illusoire (£23 from John Lewis, Boots etc).
I mentioned the other week that I was treated to a Chanel makeover by my boyfriend's mum and did a post about the two products I bought (this eyeshadow and a lipstick) and the lovely freebies that I got. As I mentioned, the makeover cost £25 which my boyfriend's mum treated me to (thank you!) which was redeemable on products; it was also 10% off at Chanel in John Lewis on that day so I only paid £15 for the lipstick and eyeshadow in the end. This isn't really the sort of product I'd be obsessing over and I did see a bit of fuss over this eyeshadow when it was launched (I wanna say last year?) but the lady used it on me in my makeover and I loved it! The packaging is simple and sleek in true traditional Chanel style. The product is in a glass tub which is nice and sturdy. Illusoire is a minky shade with a purple tinge to it- it's definately a full on shimmery product this one! The texture of the product is unlike anything I've ever seen before- it's kind of like a mousse in the pan but as soon as you touch it it befores powdery and not at all moist. It kind of bounces back if you press it in the pan, like a freshly baked cake! The eyeshadow comes with a retractable brush which I was initially excited about but now that I've used it I'm not too mithered- it doesn't really do anything special and I prefer using my Avon eyeshadow brush with this product tbh.
I've been wearing this eyeshadow as the 'dark shade' in a neutral smoky eye during the day and night. It blends really well with other shadows and is super pigmented. It's also really buildable so you can get both a soft and a dramatic look with this one product. I mega love this shade- its the perfect combination of purple and brown to form this beautiful minky colour. I can confirm that it doesn't at all crease or smudge or budge which is a super bonus for an eyeshadow. I know this product might seem pricey for one eyeshadow- I totally get it- but it is amazing. Would I have bought it without the discount? Probably not but that's only because I'm a lil student and aint made of monies. This eyeshadow is available in 5 shades in all, mostly dark shades. I do really love this product- have you tried it?
I have it in the black and the white! My boyfriends mumbought be one and I bought the 2nd with christmas money I use them all the timexx
ReplyDeleteIt's super nice isn't it?! Thanks for the comment xx
Deleteahh it looks gorgeous! great review definitely something ill be looking out for next payday (im a poor studant too, waaaa :( ) x
ReplyDeletesculpturedmess.blogspot.com
You should deffo try it out!xx
Delete