Monday, 11 June 2012

In Your Face: S&G Butter Yourself Body Butter.



Soap & Glory Butter Yourself Body Cream (£10.50 from Boots). 

'Soap & Glory™ Butter Yourself™ Body Cream is a five fruits smoothing body cream for fresher, smoother and softer skin. It has exfoliating AHAs to help safely exfoliate dead skin cells and stimulate skin cell renewel; Orange Waterjuice™; shea butter for skin softening and smoothing; peppermint oil; Fruitliquid Fig for moisturizing and as an antioxidant; and it's paraben-free! So you smell even better, it features the NEW Fruitigo™ Fragrance, with notes of frozen yuzu, orange oil, green fig and jungle pomelo essence.'

Can you believe that this is my first ever full-size S&G product pruchase (excluding makeup)?! I know, it was longgggg overdue! I've only ever bought travel-size products to try out which I've buzzed off- the only full-sized products I've had was a giftset duo of a MASSIVE Hand Food and hand wash which I love (thanks chum!). I went on my weekly shopping trip with my mum a few weeks ago and she wanted to buy a giftset for a friend's birthday and when she saw it was on 3 for 2, she said I could get two products. The giftset she was buying was around £15 so I thought I'd get 2 S&G products to try out as I didn't need any makeup really- I got this body butter and an eye cream (I got the £9 eye cream for free!). After much delliberation, I chose the Butter Yourself body butter over the Righteous Butter simply because of the smell. The Righteous Butter has the wonderful 'standard' S&G scent which is real nice and all but the Butter Yourself has a gorgeous fruity scent which I couldn't resist. It does smell quite orangey but its much more of a complex scent with the fig and other ingredients in the mix. 

As with all S&G products, I love the packaging; the pink tub is super nice and the fun photos and writing is different from other brands that take themselves too seriously. The body butter is an off-white shade (it looks really yellowy in the photo but the lighting is rubbish- sorry) and is really dense in texture- its super thick and creamy rather than runny. A little goes a real long way with this product becuase it is sooooooo moisturising and luxuirous. I've been using it on my legs, arms and shoulders after having a bath or shower and I've really noticed a difference in how smooth and soft my skin is now; the smell lasts a fairly long time too which is a bonus. At first, I thought £10.50 was a bit steep but after using it for a week I realised how far it will go as you get 300ml in a tub which is real loads! I'm really glad I got this body butter and it's the start of a magical S&G full-size journey. Have you tried Butter Yourself?

p.s I seem to have bought a few S&G products recently so expect a barrage of S&G product reviews.

2 comments:

  1. i've never tried any s&g products! im wanting to try their thermal scrub tho... i'll have to get it soon i think!

    fab post :))

    http://www.unnakednails.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried that but it does sound good! xx

      Delete