Friday, 22 June 2012

In Your Face: Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm.


Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm in Passion (£7.99).

We've all experienced the trails and tribulations of fading or smudging lipstick; the answer my friends is this Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm by Revlon. It's a double-ended product with a felt tip type applicator on one end for the coloured stain, and a clear balm stick on the other end. I chose the colour Passion from the seven available shades as it's a super bright but wearable pink. I have used a lip stain before from a Topshop AW collection and really liked it but the problem was, my lips looked dry and a bit crapey at times. Revlon have cleverly solved this by adding the balm. The felt tip applicator makes colour application really controlled and precise giving an even coverage of the stain, which once set won't budge. It's also really buildable as well which I wasn't expecting from a stain, you can just keep going over the lips until you get the intensity you desire. The balm is super softening and smoothing on the lips and makes it feel like you're wearing a lipstick rather than a stain. I'd say the balm lasts a fair while but requires re-application unlike the long wearing stain. I honestly only have to reapply the stain  after eating and that's only for touch-ups. I'd highly recommend this product- the colour pay-off is amazing and lasts longer than any other lip product I've ever used, I tell you no lies. Have you tried any lip stains before- this is my new obsession!

I just wanted to add that there is another type of Just Bittin Lipstain available by Revlon called Just Bitten Kissable which is being likened to the Clinique Chubby Stick. They're currently only available in the US but will be out here in the UK this summer (exciting!). I've actually sneakily ordered one off ebay for around £7.

4 comments:

  1. I've read other posts on these with similar reviews so I think I'd purchase it and just put my own lip balm/vaseline over the top - or is there a specific formula in the Revlon lip balm that keeps the colour in? (Sorry if you don't know the answer to that haha I just realised it was quite an obscure question!)

    Alice

    http://SecretsOfAWannabeCharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I don't think so, any lip balm will do. But it's there anyway so you may aswell use it :] x

      Delete
  2. Abosolutely dying to get my hands on one of these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're available in Boots and Superdrug if you live in the UK x

      Delete