Friday, 22 June 2012

In Your Face: Lush Volcano Foot Mask.


Lush Volcano Foot Mask (£5.50 for 125g).

"A zingy, ice cool, mint mask for when you feel like you cant go one step further. Our product inventors have done some fancy footwork here. This formula gets to the root of things that cause unsightly, sore feet. Kaolin cleans and repairs. Pumice helps you to rub away dead skin. Papaya has an enzyme that digests dead skin and loosens it for removal. Tomatoes are deodorising and cooling. Menthol, lemon and cinnamon stimulate circulation and give a very cool feel to the skin's surface."

I know some people don't like feet, I get it; but I like nice feet (I actually think I have super nice feet haha). I'd read about this foot mask in my Lush news paper that they give you in store. It claimed to rescue tired, hot and dry feet and I knew I had to get involved. Now, I know I don't work on my feet all day as a grape crusher or something but in the summer shoes + no socks = angin feet. This smells pretty bizarre with ingrediants including china clay, pumice, papaya and tomatoes, the latter of which aparrently combat foot odour. It feels just like a clay mask when you slather it on your feet but you can feel the pumicey grit in it (more on that in a sec). The lovely Lush lady told me to wrap my feet in cling film to prevent the mask from drying and leave it on for 20mins- this in itself is nice and relaxing as you just have to sit or lie for 20mins! Then, before you wash it off, remove the cling film and use a bit of water to soften the mask in 'trouble areas'- for me that's my heels and the balls of my feet where the skin is harder and dryer. This acts as an exfoliant and you can really feel the pumice working. Then when you rinse and dry your feet they're left feeling soft, smooth and cooled for so long. I can't express how amazing this product is for your feet- it removes dry skin whilst softening and smoothing your feet leaving them feeling minty cool and fresh. This might just become my summer staple product- the wear and tear of wearing flip flops and exposing your toots to the elements is no longer an issue ladies! Get this in your armory and you'll be right all summer long. My only wish is that it was available in bigger tubs as I'm already half way through after two uses but I get that Lush are all about fresh products etc. Have you ever tried this glorious foot saviour?

No comments:

Post a Comment