Wednesday, 29 August 2012

In Your Face: Avon Moroccan Argon Oil Range.



Avon 360 Nourishment Moroccan Argon Oil Shampoo (£2.80), Conditioner (£2.80) and Leave In Treatment (£5.50) from Avon.

So my new found love for hair oils combined with Avon's new Argon Oil range meant that some money would be a changing hands. I bought these all on introductory offer so the shampoo and conditioner were half price and I think the treatment oil was around £2.50 but they're on offer atm if you wanna check them out. Firstly, can I just comment on how much I love the packaging of this range- the blue and the gold stand out so much and the box of the treatment is so unique. I've used Avon's shampoo and conditioner for coloured hair for about a year or so now and found that it did protect my colour and leave my hair feeling clean soft and shiny. However, this Argon Oil range duo leaves my hair feeling ridiculously soft and shiny- it's unreal, I feel like a model in a hair advert! And considering that my hair is super damaged, I can't really say more about how amazing this shampoo and conditioner have made my hair look and feel. Plus, they have the Avon signature watermelon scent which is always nice and refreshing. 

I've previously reviewed the Tresemme Liquid Gold hair oil and the VO5 Hot Oil both of which I love and use a lot. I'd compare this more to the Liquid Gold than the VO5 oil as this is a post-wash treatment rather than a pre-wash. The main difference between the Liquid Gold and Avon's Argon Oil treatment is that the latter is exclusively for pre-styling use (i.e on wet/damp hair) whereas the Liquid Gold can also be used on dry hair. This might explain why the Avon oil is a fair bit more viscose than the Tresemme oil. It's easy to control how much you want to use through the pump dispenser, I personally find that 2-3 pumps are sufficient for my hair. I try to avoid my roots and apply it after rubbing it between my hands from the mid sections to the tips of my hair, concentrating on any damaged areas. I've found that this oil, in combination with the shampoo and conditioner has reduced the number and appearance of split ends, increased the strength of my hair and reduced fall out (e.g when I brush my hair) which has been a real problem for me since bleaching my hair last year. 

Overall, I'm loving using all three of these products and together, think that they're a force to be reckoned with! I'd for sure recommend these products for anyone who, like me, has dry, damaged or coloured hair. Have you tried any of these Avon products?

4 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try these :D Great review! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were both on my wish list but alas no cash! I will try them eventually though.


    Much love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a follow or a nosey. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urgh I hate no cash times! You should do, don't forget they're usually on offer :] I'm already a follower lovey x

      Delete