Thursday, 16 August 2012

In Your Face: MUA Professional Eye Primer.


MUA Professional Eye Primer (£2.50 from Superdrug or MUA website). 

OK, so I know I reviewed the e.l.f Eyelid Primer only last week buttttt I wanted this bad boy loads and it was sold out everywhere for ages so I had make do and hope that the e.l.f version would be up to scratch. Now I've heard great things about this MUA Eye Primer and, I'm not gonna lie, some bloggers' claims seemed wild and outlandish to me- just as good if not better than the Urban Decay Primer Potion- let's not get too excited now munchkins. So one day, I looked hopelessly at the MUA stand in Superdrug and bless my soul there it was. Firstly, I love the packaging- I'm a sucker for simple black packaging but I'm dubious as to how long the silvery writing will last. The product has a doe-foot sponge applicator which I like because you can get more control with it than with a brush. The primer itself is a neutral off-white shade which is pretty much translucent on the lids when you pat it in. 

I personally apply a small amount of product to each lid before patting and smoothing it in from my lash line to just above the crease of my eyelid to cover the area where the majority of my eye makeup will sit. The primer applies really smoothly and a little goes a real long way. It dries quite tacky which would be odd if you wanted to wear it alone (why would you though really?) but makes total sense when you begin to apply your eye makeup over the top- even the flakiest and dustiest of my eye shadows have been sticking to this primer smoothly and softly. I find that the MUA Eye Primer prevents creasing, makes the colours last longer than on bare skin and just holds everything in place. I also find that it aids with the blending of colours on the lid as it provides a smooth base for you to work on. Is it worth the hype? Yes. Is it worth the price? Are you kidding me, £2.50 feels like thievery! I love this product so much and I'm so glad I managed to get my hands on it eventually. Honestly, if you see it in store you should just buy it and try it because it's made such a difference to my eye makeup. Have you tried this MUA wonder bargain?

p.s Don't forget to enter my 100 follower give away!

4 comments:

  1. I love my MUA eye primer! Don't think I'll ever buy the urban decay one again! Xx

    http://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I finally got my hands on it, it's amazing!xx

      Delete
  2. Great review !

    Looks good I will check them out on google now :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete