I'm aware that I've not done many outfit posts or fashion-related posts recently. Obviously the erratic UK weather has had something to do with my waining interest in fashion atm, with me not knowing whether to wear cute dresses and sandals or jumpers and wellies from day-to-day. The other factor is the curse of SS trends; I often find them too colourful (see neon) or just too much (see pattern clash). Sorry to get all morbid and grey but my fashion excitement is being reignited with the emergence of AW12 clothes creeping into shops and online. I thought I'd try and do some sort of feature on fashion (maybe once a month or so) and focus on the offerings of one shop or website. So here goes...
Gothic Glamour:


I guess some people would find AW trends repetitive but I feel that way about SS trends tbh. The 'Gothic' trend is one that crops up quite often and with it comes the lace, velvet and length- I mean high necks, long sleeves and long skirts. This season, the trend seems to have focused on crosses featuring as embellishment, patterns and in jewellery designs. I also love the clash between wearing heavy boots with floaty dresses and skirts. I recently bought some lilac patent faux Dr Martins from Primark and I can't wait to wear them with some long skirts and dresses. Obviously within the theatre of fashion week, gothic designs were teamed with heavy, dark makeup and this can be a bit too literal for everyday wear but I love teaming a dark smoky eye and berry lip with a simple black dress. I'm loving the whole look of the boohoo model for the trend: the blue streak in her hair; the ripped tights; the boots. Another good thing about this trend is that it seems to seal the presence of silver (not gold) jewellery with crosses, skulls and spikes likely to be in abundance. Obviously it's early days (still only being August) but boohoo already have some ace AW12 offerings. I'm loving the cross print leggings and the studded-collar shirt; but I've also got plenty of existing items in my wardrobe that fit the trend so I can make it my own as is fashion's want, so I've put together an outfit of my take on the trend...


Top- boohoo.com
Skirt- H&M
Ring- Topshop
Nails- No7 in Violetta
How will you be wearing the trend?
I love the whole Gothic Glamour thing, I think it looks great, especially as it gets colder. (part of me is actually looking forward to winter!)I love the H&M skirt on you so much <3
ReplyDeleteI found you on the BBU blog hop by the way, following xx
just blog it all instead...
For sure, you can layer it up for those colder months. Thank you!xx
DeleteThis is totally me! I love AW clothing so much more the SS <3 great post lovely :D xx
ReplyDeleteEeeee it's dead exciting seeing all the AW trends coming into shops. Thanks xx
Delete