Soap & Glory A Great Kisser Lip Balm in Chocolate Cherry (£5 from Boots or S&G website).
This was another one of my Birthday Glossybox treats from my chum; she sure knows how much I love S&G! A Great Kisser is available in three colours/fragrances including Sweet Coconut, Juicy Peach and the one I have which is Chocolate Cherry. I'm a bit of a lip balm hoarder but that's mostly due to the fact that I keep them in all my handbags, at my boyfriend's house, by my bed, in my makeup bag and anywhere else where I might need one! I have too many on the go that I care to admit tbh. All this effort is due to the fact that I have fairly dry lips and that's just no fun if you're planning on wearing lipstick tbh.
As always with S&G, the packaging is super cute with the vintage style photographs and the cheeky product names. I know a lot of people go hygiene crazy when it comes to lip balms in tins but tbh, I tend not to be arsed about those kinds of things (rightly or wrongly); for me, tins represent ease of application and more product for your poundage. In my opinion, Chocolate Cherry smells nothing like either of the elements it's named after although it does smell sweet and not at all displeasing. In the tin, Chocolate Cherry is a rosey pink shade which transfers to the lips ever so slightly but I'm more in it for the moisturising properties than the colour pay off. I find this lip balm to be super hydrating, softening and smoothing; a feeling which lasts beyond the wear of the lip balm itself which I'd say was pretty standard in length. The lip balm isn't at all sticky or icky and doesn't feel thick and glupey like rival Vaseline can. Overall chaps, this is deffo a winner for me and once more, my chum strikes again with this one. I'm gonna be honest here, I personally think £5 is quite steep for a lip balm but now I know what it's like and that I super like it well loads, I'm for sure tempted to try the Juicy Peach variety purchased with my own monies. Watch this space. What are your thoughts on this lip balm? Any recommendations for dry lips?
p.s Don't forget to enter my 100 follower give away!
p.s Don't forget to enter my 100 follower give away!
No comments:
Post a Comment