Sunday, 19 August 2012

August Glossybox.

OK, so ever since I heard about Glossybox and beauty boxes in general, I've been toying with the idea of trying them out. My main concern was that I'd end up with loads of products that weren't suitable for my skin colour or type and that'd it'd be a waste of money. Well a few months down the line, my chum bit the bullet and started subscribing and loved it. She explained that you fill in a questionnaire so they send you stuff suitable for your wants and needs and so I just went for it last month and got involved. Well, my first box (July) was a bit crap to say the least but I let them off cause I hadn't yet completed my questionnaire; so I hung on for my August box and told myself if it wasn't that amazing I'd cancel it. So what's in my August box...





In case you didn't already know, the August box had an International Brands theme which on the surface sounds really exciting and exotic. The products I got were:
Alessandro Pro White Nail Polish
DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
All For Eve Eve's Balm
Vera Valenti Eye Shadow Palette
Lipcote
Glossybox Lipstick

Now, I don't know about you but in deciding to subscribe to Glossybox, I was hoping to try some luxury brands and products but I'm sorry, the eye shadow palette looks, feels and is cheap, retailing at under £4. I also have issues with Glossybox's own products being valued and considered as an item rather than a free sample because they can just totally make up the value to fit the rest of the contents of the box. I dunno, I'm just massively underwhelmed by the offerings from Glossybox in the July and August boxes. I'm going to cancel my subscription and try another beauty box. I'll review these products at some point (maybe I guess) but the only product I'm that mithered about it the Lipcote because it claims to make your lipstick last longer.  Sorry to all you Glossybox girls if this upsets you; maybe I just set my expectations too high...

6 comments:

  1. There were a few things in this month's box that I really liked, although I agree that the eyeshadow is a bit of a cop-out. I did like the colour of my Glossybox lipstick though! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the Glossybox lipstick is quite nice but I don't think they should value their own products because we've got nothing to measure them against if you know what I mean?x

      Delete
  2. I got the same palette in green, its not great really is it!? My 8 year old sister was happy though.. I think She Said Beauty do a good box! Feel Unique used to do one I loved but they stopped it! I was so sad!


    www.betsyboat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know,I thought it was pretty rubbish tbh! I've cancelled glossybox and am awaiting my first she saif box which I'm excited about!

      Thanks for the comment!x

      Delete
  3. I think the colours of that eye shadow palette are really nice though! :) hehe but you know grey and blue are my thing :P! just been updateing myself with your blog... you got a load of nice stuff for your b-day hehe we really did spoil you this year afterall ... well that was the plan! your only 21 and graduate once!

    :) speak soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did get spoilt- thank you for your lovely gifts. It's your bday coming up next though xx

      Delete