Lush Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask (£5.95).
'Irish moss gel will soften the skin, whilst almond oil will moisturise and leave it supple. Fresh blueberries are full of vitamins and minerals and are anitoxidant. Rose absolute and chamomile essential oil will reduce redness and irritation. Calamine and talc will deep clean and soothe the skin at the same time.Combined together they provide your skin with a good deep cleanse without causing puffiness – leaving the face cool, clear and calm.'
This is the third Lush face mask that I've tried (reviews of Cupcake and Cosmetic Warrior here), Catastrophe Cosmetic is a fruity face mask full of all the fresh ingredients that you expect of Lush products. The Lush lady wasn't really bigging this mask up for my skin but I wanted to try it real bad so I kind of ignored her and bought it anyway (sorry!). I was drawn to the smell of the blueberries and the deep cleansing properties as I've been combating breakouts over the last month or so and wanted something to help that out. I'm not sure why the Lush lady didn't want to recommend this for my oily skin because reading the Lush description above it sounds perfect; 'reduce redness and irritation', 'deep clean', 'cool, clear and calm' are the claims that stick out to me the most. I have heard that Catastrophe Cosmetic is more of a maintenance mask rather than a super cleansing mask but I don't think that this is at all the case.
The mask is packed full of blueberries and even has blueberry skin/peel running through it, making it smell delish! As with all Lush masks, I leave it on the skin for 10-15mins or until the mask is 'set', then wash it off using a flannel and warm water. As always, fresh face masks need to be stored in the fridge because they have no added preservatives and you need to stick to the best before dates lovelies! Catastrophe Cosmetic leaves my skin feeling clean, soft, smooth and visibly reduces redness and the size of any blemishes. I think I might be left with scars from my last breakout even though I didn't squeeze them or anything and I find that this face mask reduces the redness and appearance of these areas. It's super pore-cleansing and leaves my skin feeling cooled and refreshed. I'm definitely loving this mask and reckon that between this and Cupcake, my face will be feeling amazing in no time. Have you tried any Lush masks or got any Lush recommendations?
p.s Don't forget I'll be running a give-away once I hit 100 followers!
p.s Don't forget I'll be running a give-away once I hit 100 followers!
This was going to be the fresh face mask I picked up next time I collect enough pots from Lush! Don't know why they wouldn't recommend it for oily skin! Think I'll give it a go anyway :) xx
ReplyDeletehttp://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.co.uk
Me either, but I really like it. You should deffo give it a go otherwise you'll never know lolz. xx
Deleteid buy this mask for the name alone....i love it!! Yep pretty much acnt go wrong with any of their face masks...they are amazing!! Nice review
ReplyDeletefound you via the BBU blog hop...pop on over and say hello xx
http://toxylicious.blogspot.com
Haha, I know I love the name of Lush products. Thanks, I'll deffo check your blog out x
DeleteThank you! x
ReplyDeleteThis is my fave face mask from Lush it is so soothing <3.
ReplyDeletehttp://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ I am trying to get my followers up at the moment so if you like what you see I will greatly appreciate your follow :). If you already follow I apologise.
xx
I agree! x
Delete