Diego Dalla Palma Snow White and the Huntsman palette (£25 from Tesco).
OK, so this is a bit sneaky beaky of me because I don't think this palette is available any more although I'm sure you can find it somewhere in the corners of the internet. I actually got this for my birthday from my parents. I saw this palette reviewed on a blog wayyyyy before the film was even out; luckily I really enjoyed the film but regardless the colours and items in the palette really appealed to me. The packaging of this palette is lovely with Snow White inspired imagery, however, it's not the most compact of palettes as it's about an inch deep unlike, say the NAKED palette which is really flat. There's also an oval mirror inside which seems to be distorted- now I don't know whether this is a reference to the mirror in the story or it's just a crap mirror. The palette comes with six eyeshadows in Snow (white with a pearly shimmer); Sheild (sandy golden shimmer); Mirror Mirror (burnt rusty brown shimmer); Fairest (matte off-white); Destiny (matte peach) and Battleground (matte chocolate). In addition to the eyeshadows, the set also comes with a pencil eyeliner in Dark Night (not Batman) and a beautiful matte red lipstick in Wicked Queen.
I really like the shades of the eyeshadows as they're all quite unusual whilst still being wearable and a coherent collection. My personal favourite is Mirror Mirror because it's such a bold colour and I think it works really well in the crease of your eye. My least favourite shade is Fairest as I find it to be boarderline chalky-looking when applied alone on the brow bone as a highlighter. Although I really like the shades, I don't find them to be as blendable as (sorry to keep comparing) the Urban Decay shadows in the NAKED palette. Having said that, they do give a really nice depth of colour and are very buildable (distinction).
I lovelovelove the red lipstick in this set. It's the ultimate vampy, 1950's matte red and is super smooth and long-wearing. I find that it can be a little bit drying but I find that with most lipsticks tbh. I also love that it smells just like my MAC lipsticks! I don't know why but I just don't like the stark white packaging of the lipstick- it just feels like they made no effort with it whatsoever, I personally think they should have continued the theme and made it a bit more gothic looking or something. My least favourite aspect of this set is the eyeliner pencil: considering the palette cost £25 the pencil feels really cheap and like it was an after-thought. It's quite scratchy and hard on the eyelids and it in no way glides on or softly blends. It drags on the lids and I found it more difficult to remove than other eyeliners. It is really black but that's about the only pro I can think of for this eyeliner.
Overall, I really like this palette and I do enjoy using it but I'm unsure as to whether it's worth the £25 price tag which, to me, implies premium beauty goods. The next thing to look forward to is the follow-up film focusing on the Huntsman's tale; I'm not sure where they're gonna go with that but I loved the cinematography and costume design in the first one so more of that please! Have you tried the Snow White and the Huntsman palette or any Deigo Dalla Palma maekup (available in Tesco)?
p.s sorry this post is so long! Right now I'm probs on the train to London or otherwise getting tattooed, eeeeee I'm so excited! Well, actually, by the time you read this I'm probs in a lot of pain haha!
Lovvve the colours in this palette! Great Post! x
ReplyDeleteThey're soooo nice aren't they x
DeleteThat looks great and I agree the lipstick is wonderful. I look forward to seeing what your tattoo is!
ReplyDeleteMuch love: http://razzledazzleandrocknroll.blogspot.co.uk/ If you fancy a follow or just a nosey. xx
My tattoo is an owl and some roses but I'll post some pictures when it's healed. I'll for sure check out your blog (although I think I'm already following) x
Deletehi,I found you on through BBU Blog Hop
ReplyDeleteCoolio x
Delete