Monday, 27 August 2012

In Your Face: Lush Dynamic.

Lush Dynamic Eyeliner from the Emotional Brilliance Range (£14.50).

So we all heard about the launch of the Emotional Brilliance range at Lush and I, for one, was certainly baffled by it. Upon visiting a Lush shop, it was all explained to me by the loveliest of Lush ladies who regaled the tale of research into colour therapy and the relationship between moods and colours etc. She then spun the wheel of fortune and asked me to pick three colours based on how I felt. Call me a sceptic but I ignored her (sorry!) and just chose colours that I liked. It actually turned out that these choices were irrelevant anyway because she pretty much let me sample the whole range including their shimmer powders which aren't allowed in on the wheel fun (poor them). The range has a variety of colours and shades which are either eyeliners, lipsticks or eyeshadows but in my opinion they're all quite versatile formulas and tones. I love the packaging of this product- it's very Alice In Wonderland-ian with the little tag that you wish said 'Drink Me' (please don't drink this). As always with Lush, the products are bad-things free and haven't been tested on bunnies and mice so that's good news all round.

Dynamic was the first one I chose which is a super pretty pinky peach shade with golden shimmer running through it, reminding me of rose gold. Now, this product is actually supposed to be an eyeliner and I think it would look amazing on tanned or darker skin tones as an eyeliner but it just made me a little bit ill looking! So I pootled back to Lush and asked if I could have a sample doe-foot applicator to take home which I then cunningly inserted into the lid in the place of the eyeliner brush (much like a nail varnish applicator type affair). I really like the fact that the applicator is part of the product as it minimises wastage and it much easier than finding an appropriate brush. The product itself is super creamy and smooth and applies like a dream. It's long lasting, crease-free and doesn't fade as the day wares on. I've been loving wearing this shade as a base colour and then building up definition around it using my NAKED palette. It's definitely got that metallic shimmer to it which is something a bit different for me. I really like this product but I do think the price is a bit more than I'd normally pay as I used my Lush birthday voucher to buy it. Have you tried any of the Lush makeup yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment