VO5 Hot Oil Moisture Soak Elixir (£4.29 for 75ml).
My introduction to hair oils led to me purchasing the Tresemme Liquid Gold hair oil which can be used on damp or dry hair. I saw a couple of reviews of the VO5 Hot Oil Moisture Soak Elixir in the blogosphere and thought I'd check it out; however, much like the Tresemme offering, it was much more difficult to get hold of than I anticipated. I eventually found it in Superdrug a month or so ago and bought it. This is actually the first VO5 product that I've ever tried, which isn't saying much because there's loads of haircare brands that I've never tried before! Unlike the Liquid Gold and other hair oils, you apply this Hot Oil in the shower before shampooing your hair. Warning: this can get quite messy! So you wet your hair, come out from under the shower, apply the Hot Oil, leave for 1minute, then rinse and wash your hair as usual. Now y'all know by now that my hair's recovering from bleach-abuse and this left my hair feeling so soft, smooth and shiny it was like someone else's hair!! It definitely leaves my hair feeling healthier and nourished and all flowy like in all the hair adverts.
Initially, I loved the packaging of this product- loving the tube format and the clear packaging so you can see the product inside; the tube has markers along the side indicating how much product should be applied per use. Normally, tubes mean product dispense control but the liquid oil is so runny that it just (for want of a better word) gushes out and it's super difficult to stick to the markers. However, you can also purchase a set of 4 individual tubes of the VO5 Hot Oil so I'd imagine these would be a good alternative if you don't wanna risk using too much/not enough from the tube. Also, if you do manage to stick to the markers, it means that you only get 5-6 uses out of one tube. I know the price isn't that high but when you compare it with the £6.99 Tresemme Liquid Gold which you get sooooooooo many uses out of, it kind of puts it into this perspective. This, in a way, has made me less enthusiastic about repurchasing this item despite its glorious effects on my hair.
I seem to be on a hair oil roll at the minute as I've just bought Avon's new Argon Oil shampoo & conditioner and hair oil so reviews of those should be coming soon! Have you got any hair oil recommendations?
Hi! I'm Deb, and I found your blog through BBU Blog Hop. I'm following, and would love if you checked out my blog and followed back. Beauty-ninja.blogspot.com. Thanks bunches! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment- I'll deffo check your blog out!x
Delete