Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Best of April.

 
 
This is a new post I’m thinking of doing on a monthly basis, I’d love to know what you think so please leave me a comment below. Essentially, every month I’m going to choose one product from four categories (beauty, makeup, hair and nails) that I’ve been loving using during that month. I know I already do my monthly makeup bag posts but I thought this would be something extra and a little different.

OK, so this month’s beauty product of the month is the Superdrug Simply Pure Oil Balancing Serum. Since I started blogging in December, I’ve really been getting into skincare and I’m reaping the benefits of a strict routine. I found it difficult to choose my beauty product of the month cause I have tried so many amazing products this month but this one stands out the most for me. I’ve never used a serum before, so in purchasing this I was entering unknown territories but this product has definitely taken my skin to the next level. It totally eradicates any remnants of oil on the skin and lasts all day. I’ve been wearing it under my moisturiser (under my makeup) as instructed and it just adds that extra layer of smoothness and matteness. Plus it’s a total bargain at around £3.50; I’ve actually just bought another bottle of this because it was on offer and I’m already about half way through this one!

Again, I’ve tried loads of awesome makeup products in April but due to the fact that I’ve purchased three of these, it had to be the L’oreal Rouge Caresses. I know there’s been mixed reviews about these lipstick/balm hybrids but I think it’s all about what you’re wanting out of a lipstick. I want something that won’t exaggerate my dry lips and will hydrate and soften them; and that’s exactly what Rouge Caresse does. Although Fashionista Pink (my first shade) doesn’t really show up on my pigmented lips, I’ve been using it as a clear balm/gloss both on its own and over other lip products. I’m using Lovely Rose and Tempting Lilac fairly interchangeably depending on my mood and what I’m wearing. I think the lilac really compliments my purple hair. I’ve included a photo of the three shades swatched and as you can see, they’re all fairly transparent (especially Fashionista Pink) however, they look lovely on the lips.

Comparatively, choosing my hair product of the month was a breeze! I’ve mentioned before that I don’t have a hair care routine per se, and the Tresemme Liquid Gold hair oil has just made my hair feel so soft, shiny and healthy it’s unreal. I also like how a little goes a long way, as I’ve been using it at least once a day and I can just start to see the ‘water’ line at the top of the bottle. This is for sure a high-street wonder product for me! Finally, the nail varnish; although I post photos of my nails with outfit posts, I’ve never reviewed a nail varnish before so I thought this would be a good way to do so. So the winner is, the MaxFactor nail varnish in Fantasy Fire...JOKE I hate that stuff! Really, it is the Look Beauty Nail Pop in Ribbon. I chose this because I’m loving the coral shade for Spring and it’s so pastely and lovely. The coverage of Look Beauty Nail Pop is amazing and it’s really long lasting, and for £5 a bottle my collection is sure to grow thick and fast. Well, I hope you enjoyed this post and hopefully I’ll be making it a monthly occurrence. Have you used any of these products, if so what d’you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment