Friday, 18 May 2012

In Your Face: GOLD by Giles Lipstick.


GOLD by Giles Lipstick in Pop.

I bought this along with a highlighter and lip gloss from the new GOLD by Giles Deacon makeup range available in New Look. I’m a girl who does not need any more pink lipsticks but for £2.99 I couldn’t resist trying it out. Like with the highlighter, the packaging of this product feels really cheap and RRP isn’t an excuse nowadays guys- just look at MUA and Vivo prices and their packaging is much sturdier and better made than this. I do like the look of the packaging of this lipstick and unlike the highlighter the lid doesn’t fall off. I like how you can see the colour of the product in the lid- it saves a lot of rummaging and checking labels. I like the contrast between the black and gold and the G on the top is a nice finish. This lipstick feels really small so it’s good to just chuck in your handbag and forget about it. The lipstick itself is really creamy and smooth; I like the finish of this lipstick, I’d say its more on the matte side. The colour is stunning- Pop is a really nice ‘hot pink’ shade with more red than blue undertones. Unfortunately, this lipstick doesn’t last that long on the lips so constant reapplication is in order. However, I do quite like the stained look it gives when it’s faded a bit. There isn’t much more I can say really: I love the colour, think the packaging is crap and it doesn’t last very long. In another era I would have thought this is value for money but I’m afraid it just can’t compete with low-cost quality of bargain brands like Vivo, MUA, 17 and Collection (2000). Come on Giles, step it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment