Lush Tea Tree Toner Water (£3.75).
"Tea tree is a wonder oil for anyone with oily or spot prone skin. It has antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobal properties. Where the skin needs balancing, where there are spots, gentle tea tree is just the job. Also contains grapefruit water and juniperberry water to refresh and tone the skin. Our toner water range is an attempt to deliver good quality essential oils to your face in the correct concentration. They are not just toners, but are aromatherapy in dilution, ready to be used at a moment's notice. They can be used for removing traces of cleansers and face products – but can also be used at any time of the day as a quick facial refresher or to cool the skin."
I bought this in my last but one haul to replace my (almost finished) Boots Simply Sensitive Toner. Although I quite liked the Boots toner, mostly because of how gentle it is, I wanted to replace it with something different. Cue my first ever visit to Lush- I'd browsed online for products suitable for oily skin and found this Tea Tree Toner. You can get 250g for £7 but I thought I'd dip my toe in with the 100g option for £3.75 which I think is a mega bargain! I like the packaging of Lush products- its nice and simple but super eye-catching and informative. It says that you can use it by spraying either directly onto the face or onto cotton pads. I like the fact that this toner has a spray applicator which I really like! It's super refreshing and a little goes a long way with a couple of spritzes. I've been using it with cotton pads at night time to really remove the last remnants of makeup and dirt but I've mostly been enjoying spritzing it on my face to freshen myself up in the daytime (if I'm just round the house not wearing makeup).
For me, the smell of toners is more important than with other products. I know that sounds weird but some toners can smell hyper chemically and its really off putting to think that's going onto my skin and effectively ends up just stripping it. As we all know, Lush products are full of natural goodness so I wasn't even worrying about this hurting my skin. It smells of tea tree but not too intensly. I've found this product to really mattify my skin and leave it feeling cooled, calm, clean and refreshed. It just gets rid of any oil and (ew) sweat. I think it's difficult to get too excited about a toner cause it just looks like water but I'd deffo recommend this product because it just makes my skin feel so lovely. There are other toners available for different skin types including Breath of Fresh Air and Eau Roma so maybe check them out if you're noit oily like me. Have you got any Lush product recommendations or reviews?
I just came across you're blog :) and i've been on the look out for a toner recommendation, and I think i'm going to give this a try. I love the smell of tea-tree, smells clean!
ReplyDeleteThanks :)
Elle xx
www.beautyshewrote.info
Glad to be of service! This toner is ace and the spritzer is well nice and refreshing! x
Delete