Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream in Light (£7.99).
1. Creates a natural glow.
2. Compliments skin tone.
3. SPF30 UV protection.
4. Hydrates all day.
5. Blurs imperfections.
6. Oil-free, non-greasy.
7. Looks visibly smooth.
8. Feels fresh.
So I mentioned that I got this in my last haul after seeing the print ad and noting that it's an oil-free BB cream. I was using the 17 BB cream loads when I bought it at the beginning of the year but when I've gone back to it in the last few months, its made my skin really shiny and I have oily skin as it is thanks! I think this might be due to the change in the weather etc but I did really enjoy using a BB cream for the sheer effortlessness of it and how nice they make your skin look. I wasn't on the hunt for a replacement or anything but when I saw the print ad for this Maybelline BB cream I wanted to give it a try. The 8-in-1 claims are mega and I was a bit dubious initially but it really does fulfill them all for me. I bought the product in Light but they also have Universal Glow, Medium and Dark which is the most extensive shade range of any BB creams that I've come across. I really like the packaging of this product- the squeezey tube is so much better in my eyes than a bottle which I feel results in a lot of product wasteage. I like the simple background with the pink writing on it. I think the price is fairly average for a BB cream- the 17 one is obvs a budget buy for under a fiver but compared with No7 or Garnier (around £10 mark) this is fairly average.
I know I like a full coverage foundation but at the weekend when I'm just pottering about or going for walks with my boyfriend and his dog, I cba doing a full face of makeup. I usually just wear BB cream, face powder, eyeliner and mascara (low maintainance or what?). The Dream Fresh BB cream is a really thin, runny liquid consistency but it smooths into the skin beautifully and dries matte (hooray!). I wear this over my serum only as it's moisturising enough as it is- although you can wear it with moisturiser if you like. Light does look quite dark in the tube but it's fairly transparent on application, in similar vein to a tinted moisturiser, but it sets to look just like a better version of your skin. I love how its SPF30- that's like a full coverage foundation level of sun protection- which is just another of it's many benefits. I wouldn't recommend this product if you like full coverage all the time. But if you like a 'natural' look all the time, or like me, some of the time then I'd deffo recommend this product.
I've really been lusting after BB creams lately but I struggle to find one that covers my acne scarring!
ReplyDeleteI really like this BB cream- its not got coverage like a foundation so I've just been using concealer over any blemishes or red patches. Thanks for the comment x
DeleteThanks for sharing. This sounds like it would be good for the current weather that we have :) x
ReplyDeleteIt sure is- it's super light and shine free. Thanks for the comment x
Delete