Tuesday, 29 May 2012

In Your Face: Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover.

Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover (£4.99).
'For each nail, simply Dip-Twist-Remove in 1 second without any cotton wool. Your nails will be polish-free in just 1 second. Plus its red berry and vanilla fragrance leaves nails delicately scented. And...its good for my nails! Acetone-free formula- gentle on nails and cuticles; enriched with nourishing sweet almond oil; paraben-free; dermatologically tested'. [Information from Bourjois website]. 

I bought this nail varnish remover as part of my last haul. Being someone who likes to change up my nails, I don't like using harsh nail varnish removers because my nails are damaged enough as it is due to past wearing of Acrylic nails (which I miss loaddssss). I'd seen a few reviews about this and thought I'd give it a try- although initially it was just something I picked up rather than lusted after. It reminds me of the nail varnish removers in nail salons; essentially, its a tub with a sponge inside soaked in nail varnish remover. When you remove the lid, there's a split in the sponge which you place your finger into and twist until the nail varnish comes off. It claims to take one second which I'd agree with in principle for it is super quick (although maybe more like 5seconds). I myself went in at the deep end and tried it with glitter polish removal and, although it takes a little bit longer, it works a treat and farrrrr better than good old cotton wool. The product claims to be 'red berry and vanilla scented' which I don't really get but it smells less offencive than normal nail varnish remover. I've found that it leaves the nail and skin feeling conditioned and smooth which is a super bonus! I really like this product- it's super speedy and there's minimum wastage because you don't need a million cotton wool balls to remove your nail varnish. I'm not sure what the life-expectancy is of this product but I'm betting its a real long time and I guess you could always top it up with your own remover (but don't take my word for that!). I also think that the price is great when considering the potential longevity of this product compared with liquid/bottled remover. Have you tried this out yet? If so, what d'you think?

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to get my hands on this. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's real good- it makes your nails feel amazing!!!x

      Delete
  2. really really want to try this but can't find it anywhere! Just had a little scroll through your blog post, liking your blog :)

    500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Oh no, I'm sure you'll be able to get hold of one soon! x

      Delete