Sunday, 13 May 2012

In Your Face: GOLD by Giles Highlighter.



GOLD by Giles Highlighter in Pleasure.

I’d tried the Gold by Giles nail foils (which I got frustrated with as soon as they started to peel off) and was excited to read in Look Magazine that a makeup range was coming out. I love a good bargain me so when I saw the range in my local New Look, I bought some bits to try. Along with this highlighter, I bought a lipstick in Pop and a lip gloss for £2.99 each- bargain. The highlighter caught my eye as I’ve been wanting to try one for a while but not known what to get. I think you can get the same product in a bronzer also. To start off on a bad note, the packaging feels really cheap; I know the price of the product is cheap but so is MUA and Vivo and their packaging is really good. The lid never stays on this highlighter which is really annoying cause then it just gets wrecked and messy in my makeup bag. I also don’t like gold but that a personal preference, and seens as though it’s the brand name I’ll let them off.

You get 8g of highlighter in a fat lipstick-type creamy consistency in an iridescent pearl shade (see swatch). I really like the colour as most highlighters look really gold in the tub (although I personally dunno if they’re gold on the skin) but that frightens me. As with highlighters, they’re more of a texture or effect than a colour per se. I’ve just been applying a bit directly onto the tops of my cheek bones and rubbing it in with my fingers as I’m unsure of what else to do with it? I think if I were to purchase another highlighter, I’d get a powder one as this one is a bit messy. However, it does blend really nice and give a nice shimmery glow. It’s super subtle, which is what I want from a highlighter and the light catches it really nice. This product has definitely convinced me to use a highlighter but I’m just not sure that this is the one for me. It’s nice but that’s it- it’s pretty average; it doesn’t wow me but it also doesn’t offend me. And sometimes that’s the worst of reactions, it’s just a bit blah. Have you tried any products from this new range?

No comments:

Post a Comment