Saturday, 19 May 2012

In Your Face: Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub.


Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub.

I’ve been wanting a lip scrub for agesssss now because I have quite dry, flaky lips and its a pain when it comes to wearing lipstick. I didn’t even know if lip scrubs existed until recently and had resorted to using olive oil mixed with sugar but that was far too messy. So when I made my first ever Lush pilgrimage the other week and saw this on the counter, I picked it up immediately! I went for the Sweet Lips option instinctively but the Bubblegum and Mint options looked just as scrumptious! I love the packaging- the tub is made of glass so it’s real sturdy and I like the simplicity of it. The scrub smells amazing!! It’s just sugary and caramelly and sweet! I’ve been using it a night time after cleansing etc before I put on my lip balm. I’ve only been using the tiniest amount cause that’s all that’s needed really. It’s made of sugar (well duhh) and that’s what makes it exfoliating as the sugar crystals are whole (i.e not dissolved like in your tea). The best bit is that it says to lick off the excess so that’s a nice lil sweet treat! This scrub tub is gonna last me a real long time but I doubt that will stop me wanting to try the other flavours, and for under £5 a tub can you blame me? I'd for sure recommend this products if you, like me, have flaky lips and want them real smooth in preparation for lipstick and what not.


4 comments:

  1. I've never tried lip scrubs before, I just don't see the point in them when you can just exfoliate them with like a face cloth? Haha maybe I'm wrong though..and they do look yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tbh, if you're lips aren't that bad there probs isn't any point. But mine, especially in the winter, are super flakey and dry and crakced and this is makign a massive difference x

      Delete
  2. i love these lush lip scrubs :-)
    my fave is bubblegum!
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to try that one- Im loving using this x

      Delete