Thursday, 17 May 2012

Mini-haul.

Lush Tea Tree Water, Lush Sweet Lips Lip Scrub, Topshop Highlighter in Sunbeam, Topshop Cream Blusher in Flush.

I went shopping the other night on my regular Tuesday night adventures with my mum- for a change we went to the out-of-town shopping centre near us. I can honestly say that this is my smallest every haul from there! I’m not at all disappointed though- I got (almost) everything I wanted and there weren’t any clothes or anything else that I fancied apart from a pair of Topshop shorts but they didn’t have my size so I’ll keep a look out for them. Lets be honest, the clothes in the shops aint exactly appropriate for this rubbish weather we’re having atm. I dived in at the deep end with my first ever Lush skincare purchases. I’m not gonna lie, I honestly thought it was all bath bombs and bars of soap and never ventured into Lush shops for no apparent reason. I’ve heard a few people loving their face and body products so I thought I’d take a sneaky look at what they had to offer. I actually went into Lush to buy a face mask but they’d all sold out! I didn’t realise their products were made fresh etc but the lady gave me a sample of Cupcake to try before I buy the full size (when it’s in stock) because it’s suitable for oily skin. I’ve been wanting a lip scrub for ages so I got this Sweet Lips one which smells like sugary, caramel sweetness! And the best thing is you can (sort of) eat it by licking off the excess. That was around £5 and also came in minty or bubblegum flavours. I got this Tea Tree Toner Water because my Boots Toner is going thick and fast. Again, this was the product recommended for oily skin as it helps to smooth and mattify. I like the fact that this is a spray rather than just squeezing out excessive amounts (Boots I’m looking at you). You can also use this as a refresher throughout the day so I’m well excited about trying this out. They gave me a newspaper/magazine with all their products in so now I have a list as long as my arm of Lush products I wanna try! The prices aren’t at all that bad and it’s well nice knowing that all the products are made from natural ingredients; sometimes I worry I’m putting loads of harsh, angin chemicals onto my skin. My Lush obsession has begun!

After loving my Topshop lipsticks and nail varnishes, I thought I’d venture into the blusher and highlighter departments. Although I really like the colour of the GOLD by Giles highlighter I recently purchased, the packaging is crap and I’m not a fan of the cream consistency as it can look abit cakey and is abit annoying to rub in. I’ve heard many a great thing about this Topshop highlighter so I thought I’d try it. It’s a bit scary cause it looks super gold in the pan but I swatched it and it blends really well, I think that’s about £9. I’ve only every used powder and one moose blusher before so I was interested to try this cream one. I think Topshop have about 3-4 shades of cream blusher but this orangey pinky one looked the nicest to me. This cost £6 which is pretty average for a blusher in my opinion. My MAC blusher in Cubic is on the back burner atm as I’m yearning for colourful summery cheeks, but that will for sure be a stunning winter staple. Although not pictured, I also got a ring from Topshop that’s moveable bones (like in your finger) in silver- it doesn’t photograph very well unless it’s on so I thought I’d leave it for an outfit post. Have you ever used any of these products? Got any Lush or Topshop makeup recommendations?


4 comments:

  1. I love all the lipscrubs they are great but I used to be a trainee manager at Lush so I'm a bit biased! Vanishing Cream is an amazing moisturiser for oily skin too, ask for a sample next time you are in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice- I'll deffo check that out. I wanna try the Dark Angels cleanser (I think that's what it's called) too. Thanks for the comment x

      Delete
  2. I would recommend Angels on Bare Skin over Dark Angels. I have oily skin too and found it more effective, easier to use and not so messy! The sampling system is great though so don't be afraid to ask for a few skin care samples so you can try the products at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I feel cheeky asking for samples but if they don't mind then I'll for sure try them out. Thank you x

      Delete