Friday, 30 November 2012

Rimmel Stay Matte Concealer.



Rimmel Stay Matte Dual Action Concealer in Ivory (£4.99 in Boots). 

I wasn't after a new concealer in any way, I'm quite happy with my bargain Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer. But when in Tescos a few weeks ago, I spotted a basket full of makeup items with reduced stickers on, and this Rimmel concealer was in the basket for £1.20. Now I don't know why it was there but when I bargain is afoot, I for one don't ask questions. As an oily skinned girl I know that sometimes concealer sticks can be greasy trouble but I trusted in the Stay Matte title of the product and went for it. I quite like the packaging of this product tbh, it's plain and simple but stands out against other products in your makeup bag. 

The USP of this product is that it is meant to both conceal and treat blemishes with the green inner core. It might look odd to be putting a green product on your face but I can assure you that the greenness doesn't at all transfer onto your skin- besides, green is meant to be a colour correcting pigment is it not? I really like the formula of this product; it's super soft, smooth and light and not at all greasy. It is, as the name suggests, truly matte and blends really well into my foundation. I'm one for having breakouts and recently I've been reaching for this over my Lasting Perfection concealer as I have found this super helpful for reducing the redness and size of blemishes I've had recently. I know, I was sceptical too but honestly, I've felt like this has been making a real big difference to my spot-prone skin. I don't know whether you're supposed to or not but I've also been wearing this concealer under my eyes (I am not going to start using two concealers for no good reason) and my eyes haven't exploded or anything so it's definitely a great all-rounder.  

This has definitely become my everyday concealer, but the one thing I would say about it is that the shade range is awful- clearly Rimmel don't think people beyond beige skin tones exist. What's your favourite concealer?

2 comments:

  1. So true about the Rimmel range of colours when it comes to foundations and concealers - almost no choice at all! Love the look of this though and your reviews really helpful :)

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- I'm glad you found it helpful! x

      Delete