e.l.f Mineral Foundation in Light (£5).
As a massive fan of QVC, I've always wanted to try the bareMinerals mineral foundation as I just wanna know for myself if a fine powder really can deliver great coverage and a long lasting finish. I didn't want to splash out on the leading brand so when the 30% off elf code came around I thought I'd give their mineral foundation a go. I was first impressed by their array of 13, yes thirteen, shade options which is unheard of for a high street brand let alone a bargain brand like elf. I was impressed by the £5 price point too as most foundations I buy on the high street are at least £9- though I obviously saved with my discount code bought it for around £3.50, bargain!
I really like the simple packaging of this product and it feels pretty solid. I went for Light which is a beautiful buttery ivory shade which isn't at all chalky or yellowy- there is also a Fair shade for anyone paler than ivory. The powder is super fine and light on the skin which is great if liquid foundation makes your skin feel heavy or saturated. I use the bareMinerals technique of tapping the product into the lid, swirling my brush in it and then buffing it onto my skin. I do find it a little bit difficult to get a lot of product out of the tub as there aren't that many holes (I may punch some more in myself). Once you do manage to get it out however, the powder buffs into the skin like a dream. I'd say the main benefit of this foundation is that it evens out the skin tone and blurs imperfections but I wouldn't say it has great coverage over pores or blemishes. I'd probably most recommend this foundation to people who have fairly good skin but just want to even out their tone and brighten up their complexion. I also found it to be surprisingly long lasting which I wasn't really expecting.
Overall, I'd say I like this foundation and I don't at all regret buying it; I just wish I had blemish-free skin so it could be the one for me. Have you tried the elf or any other mineral foundations?
I've tried it and wasn't for me, it's too dry for my skin!
ReplyDeleteMarina @ blissious.com
That's a shame- maybe it's best for oily skin then. Thanks for sharing x
Delete