Friday, 16 November 2012

She Said Beauty Box: November.


So you've already seen what I got in my November SSB box (initial review here), but here's a full review of the products inside. I have been much happier with this box than I was with the October box as the sample sizes are much more generous and this box actually contains three full sized products. 



Redken Smooth Lock Shampoo and Conditioner: These are great sized one-use sachets, although there may not be enough product inside for super long or thick hair. Both products smelt like orange chocolate, which I must say I found delightful! The shampoo on its own left my hair feeling clean but not very soft; however, the conditioner was super softening and smoothing. The combination of the two left my hair looking shiny, healthy and feeling protected against heat stylers. I was also surprised about how little colour washed out of my hair when I used them as normally non-colour protection products result in loads of colour wash-out for me. 

Yardley Royal English Daisy EDT: I honestly thought I was going to hate this perfume sample as Yardley conjures up images of classic, 'older woman' scents. However, I've found this scent to be inoffensively floral and actually quite sweet. This sweetness may come from the apple notes but other ingredients include fresh green leaves, hyacinth, white rose, sandalwood and musk. This isn't at all my kind of scent really but I have grown to quite like it, although I think I'm unlikely to go out and buy it. 


Andrew Barton Hold It Right There Surefix Grips and Ponybands: I always think that hair products like these are kind of gimiky and often wonder whether they actually work or not. The bobbles have a criss-cross elastic design on them which reminds me of chain grips on car wheels in the snow- so obviously the idea is that these bobbles have more grip on them than your traditional band. The first thing that I'd say about these bands is that there isn't much slack with them. Typically, a bobble will twist round my hair five or so times but these only fit round my hair three times. I can't imagine that these would be at all good for anyone with thick hair because I doubt they'd even fit. I don't like the coloured look of these bands- I like black bobbles that don't stand out against my hair. In the same vain, I'd typically go for black hair clips but I find these less visually offensive than the bobbles. Both products kept my hair in place and feel really strong without appearing to snap of damage my hair.

Weleda Wild Rose Smoothing Night Cream: I like the little pink tube packaging of this product- though the metal tube does remind me of some kind of medical packaging. This night cream has a very strong scent which I am not at all a fan of- it has a very strong rose, aromatherapy type scent. The night cream absorbed into the skin all right but it did leave my skin feeling a little greasy; I imagine that this product is tailored for dry skin more so than oily skin like mine. This product did leave my skin feeling soft and moisturised but this isn't the one for me.
Murrays Manicure Matchbook Nail Files: This was the SSB treat in the November box. These a great little nail files for keeping in your hand bag- my nails are always peeling and breaking so I've found these great for filing away any nicks. You get a whopping 15 mini nail files in this packet which I think is great value for the £1.99 price tag! I reckon you'd only be able to use each file a few times because they're only thin but they definitely do the job!





Makebelieve Enhance Luminize Skin Highlighter: This is my favourite product from the November SSB box by far! It's a full sized product worth £7.50 which is a great value item for the £9 price tag of the box. I like the simple clear compact packaging- I like it when you can see the product inside of the packaging. This cream highlighter gives a beautiful subtle shimmer that lasts throughout the day- it's definitely more of a silvery shimmer than a golden glitter. I've been wearing it on the tops of my cheeks as a highlighter but you could just as easily wear it on your eyelids or brow bones. Cream products can sometimes feel heavy or greasy but this highlighter is neither- it's super light, soft and smooth. A great little product which I'm so glad I've got to try out. 

So there's my thoughts on the November SSB box! I'm hoping for a festive themed December box full of great goodies and discount codes. Come say hello on my She Said Beauty profile

2 comments: