[images from modelsownit.com]
Models Own Nail Varnish in Snowflakes from the Wonderland Collection (£5, from Models Own and Boots).
I instantly fell inlove when I first saw a picture of the new Models Own Wonderland Collection: each varnish perfectly captures a beautiful winters day in a bottle. As expected, they're flying off the shelves in Boots but I managed to get my hands on Snowflakes for £2.50 due to the Boots 'buy one get one half price' offer (I think the offer is still on in Boots). I've never seen anything like Snowflakes before- the varnish itself is clear but packed with shimmery shards of foil creating something that resembles falling snowflakes and precious gems. Sometimes varnishes with larger particles can be a bit fiddly to create a nice even pattern with but I found Snowflakes to give a really nice, even application whilst remaining different on every nail. If the 'foil' doesn't lie flat then it can be a bit stabby but I found this was instantly rectified with the application of a clear top coat.
I've pictured Snowflakes over Topshop nail varnish in Sketch and I think they look great together. I can't wait to try it out with some of my pastel shades- especially a baby blue, how wintery would that be?! I'm so super tempted to buy Jack Frost and Southern Lights as they both look stunning and really unusual. The varnishes are available separately for £5 each or as a set for £20 which also includes the Models Own 3in1 base and top coat (so you're effectively getting two for free). Have you tried any of the Models Own Wonderland Collection?

No comments:
Post a Comment