Tokyo Doll Black Sleeveless Chiffon Lace Dress (£24.99); Kelly Brook Black Fluffy Embellished Collar Cardigan (£34.99); Silver and Black Metallic Shimmer Tights (£4.99); Silver Chunky Platform Strap Heels (£20.99 reduced to £15.74 with Fashionvouchers 25% off Footwear code); Silver Black Lattice Curved Box Clutch (£17.99) all from New Look.
I've seen a few blogger's entries for the Fashionvouchers Christmas Party Outfit Blogger Competition floating about and I thought I would give it a try! The premise of the competition is that you compile an outfit for a Christmas party costing under £100 using products from one of the shops that Fashionvouchers supply codes for. You can use codes that are running at the time of your entry submission. I used their 25% off New Look Footwear voucher so made a bit of a saving on my shoesies. The prize is £100 of Fashionvouchers for the best three outfits. The competition closes on Monday 17th December so get creating your looks! Anyway, onto the outfit...
I found sticking to the £100 budget a little bit difficult at first because I wanted every spangley fantastical Christmasy dress on the website but seeing as though most of them cost £50 or more, I had to watch my pennies a little. I've fallen inlove with this Tokyo Doll dress- it's got a bit of a Victorian feel to it with the collar and the materials used which I personally love. It definitely reflects the Dolce & Gabbana AW12 collection- the high collars, the detail and the high waists. I think this dress would be super comfortable to wear and would really flatter my shape- hiding all the lumps and bumps!
I know it's more collar detail but I love this little fluffy cardigan! I think it would look oh-so Chanel buttoned up at the start of the night. You've also got to think about when you'd be able to wear these items again and I think this would be perfect over a t-shirt and skinny jeans for a more casual look. I lovelovelovelove the mother of pearl effect on this clutch bag and the black metal lattice work- this is perfect for keeping the essentials in without getting in the way as it's got a long chain shoulder strap.
I chose something a bit different with the tights- rather than just plain black ones I went for these babies with a silvery metallic shimmer running through them. It wouldn't be a Christmas party outfit without some shimmer and sparkle! Finally, the shoes, I think the shape is really unusual and I thought they'd be a bit different from glitter ball shoes. I also wanted to move away from the black at the top of the outfit and make a statement with my footwear. So there you have it, my Christmas outfit entry coming in at just under £100. Go check out Fashionvouchers.com and please link me to any of your entries!

No comments:
Post a Comment