I've been getting itchy feet recently waiting to start my new job and with boredom comes ebay trawling and thus ebay purchases. I've been waiting for a while for various craft bits and bobs to arrived as they've mostly been shipped (for free) from China or Hong Kong. Today's DIY has to be the simplest DIY ever- I'm not even sure it qualifies for DIY status but here goes!
DIY Flower Crown Headband:
You will need: some artificial flower heads (these are the ones that I bought); a headband (I chose this spiked one); all purpose glue (I bought mine from Hobby Craft for around £2) and some scissors. This is a DIY for under a fiver! These flowers and headband are my personal choice- be creative and use any colours, size and types of flowers you like! I went for lilac to contrast with my dark purple hair. The flowers I bought came in packs of 10 and I used them all, but again this depends on your design and the size of the flowers you choose.
Step 1: Snip off the mini-stalks on the base of the flower. Be careful as these can be fairly thick plastic- I cut them facing down so the excess didn't ping off and hit me in the eye! Don't forget to do this to all of your flowers.
Step 2: Follow the instructions for using your glue. This all purpose glue recommends that you only apply to one surface when using soft materials. Be careful- this can get messy! I applied about half a pea-sized blob directly onto the headband. My glue dried quite quick so I'd recommend you glue one flower at a time.
Step 3: Press down the flower onto the glue and hold until set. I applied mine at an angle towards the front so the flowers were more prominent than if they were vertical. Then repeat steps 2 and 3 until your happy with the amount of flowers on your headband. I used two flowers between each stud- but again, this depends on the size of the flowers you're using.
So there you have it! I'd recommend that you don't wear your headband for the first 30mins as you want to make sure that all of the glue is set and won't ruin your hair. I hope you like this DIY, I am planning on doing some more over the next few weeks so let me know what you think. Crown & Glory here I come!
Great tip off to Hobby Craft i go :)
ReplyDeletehttp://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk
Hooray! Send me a photo if you make one :] x
DeleteVery Lana Del Rey, looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThank you! x
DeleteThis looks so pretty and dainty! and you could even use this for a christmas pressie!!
ReplyDeletewww.fashionandbeautyrelated.blogspot.co.uk
x
Ooooohhhh good thinking :] x
DeleteThis looks fantastic :)
ReplyDeletehttp://shopaholiconashoestring.wordpress.com/
Thank youuuu x
Delete